Chapter 152 - The Most Awesome Mentor!

Inside the interview room.

After contacting the professors of each respective specialization, the four examiners would collate the candidates’ interview reports, arrange them by the professor they had selected, and then pass the reports to the respective professors. The professors would then pick the candidates they wanted.

Candidates who weren’t selected would then be passed to their next choice of mentor and be reallocated, and so on and so forth.

As the newest professor at the New York University School of Medicine, Tina York was one of the examiners today. When she was going to the bathroom halfway through the interviews, she had happened to see Nora with Lisa and Angela. She had immediately narrowed her eyes at the sight.

Angela’s interview was already over at that time.

When it was Lisa’s turn, she had deliberately asked a few tough questions to make things difficult for her. Sure enough, it had messed up her answers even further.

However, the research topic that Lisa had proposed during her self-introduction had been a refreshing change from the usual.

After she went out, the four examiners had held differing opinions when they were discussing whether or not they should clear her for the interview.

Some of the teachers were more pragmatic. One of them said, “Although the research topic is a relatively unpopular one, her written test results are good, and can completely make up for a shortcoming like that. Besides, we can just discuss with her and have her change her research topic, and it won’t be a problem anymore.”

Tina, however, sneered, “As a surgeon, meticulousness and calmness are the most important qualities one should possess. But not only did she lose her ID card, but she even lost her admission ticket. Her answers were also rather sloppy when she came in for the interview and felt as though she wasn’t prepared. It’s obvious that she panicked. Her mental resilience is clearly not up to par!”

The teacher frowned and said, “I happen to feel the exact opposite. She was able to complete the interview and accurately express her thoughts even after so much had happened. You can tell that she’s still rather orderly even amid confusion and panic.”

Another teacher said, “Yes, I think Mr. Shaw will like her!”

Seeing that all three teachers were speaking in favor of her, Tina cast her eyes down and said, “Then we’ll let her pass.”

People that passed the interview might not necessarily be admitted to graduate school, either.

After all the interviews were done, Tina was responsible for sending Director Shaw the data of the candidates interested in becoming postgraduate students under him.

She sent Angela Smith’s immediately when she came to hers.

She was all form and no function. Even though she spoke boastfully, she had no substance at all. Director Shaw definitely wouldn’t be interested. Besides, she had said just now that she had already contacted Director Shaw. In that case, he would definitely inquire about her if he didn’t see her information anyway.

Lisa Black, though…

Tina lifted her head and glanced at the other three teachers—she could hold her data back for a few minutes.

When Director Shaw replied with his candidate choices, Tina finally feigned surprise and said, “Director Shaw, there’s still another candidate here. Here, have a look…”

However, Director Shaw said, “The ones I’ve selected are candidates whom I’ve already spoken with. The one you’re talking about probably didn’t approach me beforehand, right? I won’t take them in, then.”