Chapter 14

I woke up in the morning only to find Naman missing from the bed. I looked at the side table expecting a sticky note. Off late he would leave one if he would wake up first and leave to office.

There wasn't any!!! Must be one in the kitchen pad I thought but when I saw Rab aunty doing her job silently it was clear he didn't leave any! Maybe he was busy!!!

Initially I think of calling Naman then I leave him a message alone thinking maybe he's actually busy..

I go back to sitting on the couch and browsing through social media when I suddenly see my pictures circulating with Naman and initially I was pissed but then knowing the media drama I let that be but when I came across Naman's profile is when I realise it was he who posted them on his insta handle.

The pics were from dinner, dancing and some random pics. When were they clicked? Who clicked them???

Suddenly I felt it like invasion of privacy. I decided to dial Naman immediately but he disconnected the call. I was infuriated!!!

I began pacing in the room when suddenly Rab aunty comes to me saying...
'Shilpa my child there is a phone call for you' and I wonder who is calling me on Naman's landline.

'Who is it Rab aunty?' and she simply shakes her head saying she doesn't know. I walk towards the landline and pick the phone call...

'Hi Shilpa Mam...we are calling from Business Expertise Channel...Is it true mam that you and Naman Sir have moved in together and are in a livin relationship???' and my eyes widened in shock and in the course of abrupt reaction I dropped the phone call.

My heart started beating loudly!!!

Suddenly my mobile starts ringing and I see yet another random phone call and I didn't know if I should pick.

I decide to disconnect it and then there we go my phone keeps ringing non stop. And his landline doesn't stop either. It gets so annoying that Rab aunty literally disconnects the line and I switch off my phone.

Rab aunty doesn't have the heart to leave me alone today so she stays back. I try dialing Naman from Rab aunty's phone and this time he picks...

'I am a bit busy Ra...'

'Naman it's me Shilpa!!! What the heck is going on!??? What are those pictures doing on social media and why are people calling me ..'

I don't even get an opportunity to complete as he says...

'Just avoid the calls and the pics will be gone by evening...my insta handle was hacked...I'll talk in the night... busy right now!' saying he disconnects the call and I'm left speechless.

When I see it was already night I ask Rab aunty to leave saying I will be fine...I don't dare to switch my cellphone on fearing the stupid calls...I cannot even talk to Siya now...

He reaches home later than usual while I'm waiting for him at the dinner table but he bluntly ignores me saying...

'Im done!!!' and I am pissed. I probably hadn't eaten since morning properly after that stupid phone call and those pictures...and he says he's done!!!

I didn't care if I was hungry. I simply dumped the food in the refrigerator and went to my room. Today surprisingly he hadn't even come to my room.

Clock ticked 1 am and there was no signs of him. Annoyed and frustrated I barged into his room and switched on the lights and stood folding hands against my chest.

He slowly opened his eyes and sat up on his bed displaying his shirtless Greek God like body while I looked at him with a firm face and he groaned asking...