12. It's gonna be alright

*Trigger Warning: Mentions of Panic Attack*

Okay so let me get this straight. Mr Arnold is the most confusing human I've ever come across. One second he orders me, the other he looks at me with a look that can be named as concern.

Right now I was sitting beside Mr Arnold in his car waiting for Kia to come out of her school. Mr Arnold was looking straight at the road he had lost his patience and the awkward silence between us was just a cherry on the cake.

"Have you taken medicine?" Mr Arnold asked me.

"Yea, well..." I replied getting all conscious. This good side of his is killing me.

"What did you eat for breakfast?", he fired his next question. I looked at him as if he was on drugs today. Why was he being so inquisitive?" umm toast and milk?" I lied but bloody hell, I don't even know how to lie. The statement came as a question.

He didn't say anything after that, just sighed. I looked out of the window only to see Kia running towards us. She had a broad smile on her face that would light all the gloomy faces.

I unlocked the door and a rush of wind hit me making me tremble slightly. Bloody hell! It's really cold. I rubbed my arms but just when Kia was close to me, I took a step back.

What if my cold is contagious? I asked myself. Kia frowned when she saw me, and I must have looked so pathetic. I quickly walked to Mr Arnold's side, his eyes watching my every move with a slight frown. "Mr Arnold, I think you should take Kia with you. What if Kia catches my cold?"

Kia walked inside the car, the frown etched on her adorable face."Why did you run away from me?", she asked making me feel guilty.

Mr Arnold sighed."Get in the back seat Kia, Miss Summers is sick and she believes that you could catch her cold.", Kia looked at me and then looked at Mr Arnold. She smiled and sat in the back. I looked at Mr Arnold in disbelief. "When I said my cold could be contagious. I meant that not only for Kia but also for you. You should go, I'll first go to the doctor and then I'll come back." I reasoned. I had already made the mistake of sitting beside him for the past ten minutes. I don't want to repeat it.

"No.", his answer came like a clap of thunder. He sighed when he spoke again." I'll take you to the hospital. I'm gonna call Aiden and he'll take Kia for the rest of the day." He then pulled out his phone and dialled the number. Kia looked at him in amazement. "Nicky uncle is right, Ari. You shouldn't go alone."

"No, it's fine, Mr Arnold. I'll manage.", I managed to say pulling my trench coat tighter around me.

"You are shivering Miss Summers. Do you really expect me to leave you by your own self right now?", he scolded making me glare at him.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

Such a commanding jerk!

I felt like slapping him, but I resisted the urge. He was right. I was freezing, but I could handle it. I had to. I would get back to my room, and if I got a fever, which I surely do. I would call the doctor. That's all I could do. I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently while I waited for Aiden to arrive to take Kia. I wanted to go home. I wanted my bed, and I wanted to sleep for the whole day.