Antonio's Celebration

2 Days Later, Antonio's Celebration

Dolores and Camilo made sure to keep an eye out for Rosita as they helped the others prepare for Antonio's Gift celebration.

"I'M SO EXCITEDDDDD!" Antonio squeals as he runs past the two.

The two siblings laugh and looked around for any weird looking guests. "She probably is going to come today." Camilo whispers.

"Yeah she probably would come to learn more about the candle. Last time I saw her look at it, confused." Dolores responded.

Then Abuela Alma called for everyone's attention. "Tonight, we come together once more, as another steps into the light to make us proud." Abuela proudly says and the spotlight shone on Antonio as everyone cheered.

Rosita's POV:

Phew, I made it just in time. It was hard to get in when Camilo was there greeting everyone at the entrance. I had to wait till he left to go talk to Dolores. I went inside to see the home decorated with candles and Antonio walking together with Mirabel towards the door. Mirabel was honestly was an amazing person. The last two days we had hung out and I got to know her a lot better. I found myself having so much in common. We both have been neglected and hurt so much. Of course I did this while I was shapeshifted into a girl from my old village.

Right now I was shapeshifted into the same and I waited for Abuela to put the candle back into the window where it was the other day. I saw the family at the top of the stairs and my eyes stopped on Camilo. He truly was breathtaking. I broke out from the trance as I heard cheers as Antonio reached for the handle and twisted it open when a colourful toucan landed on his arm and cawed.

"I understand you!" Antonio said amazed and opened his door to find to what seemed to be a mini rainforest. I was shocked. Oh it would be a dream to have a room that big. Antonio then got a tour of his room on the back of a leopard. It was amazing. Pepa and Felix then covered the boy in kisses and my heart warmed.

"I knew you could do it. I gift just as special as you!" Abuela said as she hugged Antonio. I was at the back of the room with a good view on everyone and I saw Mirabel's face fall. "We need a picture, everyone come! Come! Come!" Abuela shrieks. Everyone soon forget about Mirabel and take the picture. Mirabel broke down and ran out the room. No one seemed to notice. "Wow that's awful" I mutter under my breath. Mirabel was the only person to listen to me and was my first and only friend. I needed to comfort and talk to her. Just as I was about to follow her Camilo jumped in front of me.

"Hola hermosa!" he said slyly. "I haven't seen you around." Camilo says.

"Yeah. I just moved here." I said in a high voice praying he won't realize.

"Rosita, I know it's you" he said more quietly and pulled me into his room just as my shapeshift detransformed. He pinned me against the wall and covered my mouth. "I won't do anything Ro, trust me." he said as he looked into my eyes with a reassuring smile.

Butterflies formed in my stomach. As I was about to say something, we heard screams in the next room. I quickly transformed into the girl from before and we both ran into Antonio's room.

Word Count: 597

A/N: I am going to try to do chapters about this size and not longer than that since it discourages me to write another chapter.