𝟸𝟹. [ ' ᴀ ᴍᴏɴᴅsᴛᴀᴅᴛ ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs ' ] ⛈️

On the morning of Christmas Eve, you weren't supposed to go out anywhere, having to help prepare for tonight was on your agenda. Yet you disobeyed your own to-do list, for the soul purpose of removing abyss mages, and Fatui agents—anything that could ruin everyone's perfect Christmas.

Your family could've been in search for you if they weren't so busy with their own chores; such as preparing the food, finishing up the decorations, and completing their patient's meds so they could enjoy Christmas at home with their families. Everyone was working extra hard for tonight, and so were you.

With the same outfit you wear everytime you go undercover, you've reached every forest, every town, every snowy hills and mountains of Mondstadt; removing any obstacles and not allowing danger to roam free.

The conversation you had with Mona from yesterday surely raised your hopes up, but that doesn't mean you simply should relax.

"My lady, it is 7 in the morning. I can't fully function without a full meal." Mona Megistus pointed out, her face wasn't fully awake. Though you came barging in to her house whilst she was in her dreaming state.

"Then I'll treat you breakfast, come now!" You chirped.

-

Since it was your treat, Mona practically ordered the entire breakfast menu in the local restaurant. Were you bothered? No, mora was never a problem for the Regenfalls.

You patiently waited for the Astrologist to finish her meal, your eyes almost looking like a child waiting to be offered some candy.

Mona frowns with a mouthful of bacon. "I can't do my thing while eating!"

"I know, just eat." You replied.

She swallowed her food before speaking. "You're worrying too much, even if that is possible, it can't coincidentally happen in New Year." She reassures.

"It's just a what if situation. We may never know." You shook your head, eyeing her every move—from the knife slicing off a piece of pancake, to the fork reaching for her opened mouth.

The woman in front of you narrowly focuses her eyes on your pupils, like she was reading you. Nervousness overwhelmed your brain as if the wall you were hiding in was stripped down by a gigantic Mona Megistus, exposing what lies behind your mask. You barely said anything to her, yet her stare made you feel naked, exposed, revealed. "So you're the raindrop duchess?" Her peaceful voice created a melody with words involving an S.

"Raindrop what?" You titled your head, heart skipping a beat.

"There's no use lying to me now, I can truly see you. If you're worried so much, why not stay here?"

"Inazuma is part of my childhood, I have friends there in which I have not seen over the past couple of years." You gave the truth, reminiscing the pink sakura's often falling on your hair, the Kimonos provided to you of every different pattern and style, the many festivals with fireworks creating extraordinary art in the night sky. And most of all, your acquaintances.