Chapter 33

Marco POV

Ah. My head hurts. My body hurts. My back feels like I just rolled around on a bed of rocks. It smells like hospital. Why does my body hurt? Why does it smell like hospital? WAIT!

I open my eyes slowly, the light is so bright a pang shoots through the back of my head and I shut my eyes immediately. That pain brings me back to reality and I start to clue into my surroundings. I am definitely in the hospital. I do not remember why. 

I try to search my memories, looking for what happened to me or how long its been, when I hear familiar voices.

"Have your guys found anything on Bexley?"

"Marco is going to flip when he wakes up."

"We need to find her or I am going to flip."

"Me too."

I know those voices. Rosco, Antonio, Angelo, Enzo. Why are they talking about Bex. The thought of Bex gives me the motivation to open my eyes and attempt to sit up. If I'm in the hospital then she must be here!

The second look at the guys, I know something is wrong. They look at me and stop talking. They all look distressed, especially Enzo. His eyes are red, as if he's been... crying? What the fuck happened.

"You better tell me what's going on now or I swear to god I'll shoot all of you." I say. They remain silent. "ENZO WHAT HAPPENED WHY ARE YOU CRYING, WHERE IS BEX?" I yell so loud that the boys jump back.

I rack my brain trying to understand why I'm here, why nobody wants to talk, why Bex isn't here. And then I recall the words one of the boys said. We need to find her or I am going to flip.

Everything hits me at once like a truck. Bex and I were in Italy. We were in the bath and I told her I loved her and she was going to say something else when the grenade flew threw the window. We were thrown, I tried to save her body with my own, that's all I remember. She must have been taken by whoever attacked us. That's why Enzo looks like he's been crying. 

"WHO TOOK HER?" I yell at the boys. I take the IV that is in my arm and rip it out. The pain I first felt, I don't feel it anymore. I get out of bed, and fall to the floor instantly. My legs are so weak and I physically can't move. 

Angelo rushes too me right away, trying to pull me up. 

Rosco starts to stutter. "Look boss, the Mexican's took her four days ago, you have been out since. I have my guys hacking into all available security cameras everywhere in the city but we can't find her. Believe me, we are trying."

Bexley, Bexley, no, no, this can't be happening. "I need her." I whisper. Then everything goes black.

3 WEEKS LATER:

It's 4 in the morning. I sit in my office staring at the night sky. Bex used to love to sit on my lap and stare at the sky over my shoulder while I had to work late. The thought of her makes me angry. It has been 3 weeks now and we still have not been able to get her back. 

Last week Rosco picked up camera footage from Mexico City outside a strip club. Bex was spotted being pushed into a car which luckily, had a legible licence plate. Bex looked so dead inside, bruises all around her, and her eyes were the most empty I have ever seen.

I told my spies in Mexico City to go find the car and then I went to my bathroom and threw up for an hour straight. I know the Mexican Mafia's reputation. I don't even wan to imagine what Bex has gone through. Those eyes were just my last straw and I couldn't handle my anxiety and sadness so yeah, I puked.

What's worse is my men found the car, but when they got to it, it had been blown up in a ditch on the side of a country rode. Since then Rosco's hackers haven't been able to locate her and I worry she was either in the car when it blew up, or the Mexican's got bore and killed her.