8

3:09 PM |A WEEK LATER | THE HOSPITALBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

THE HOSPITAL
BATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

3:09 PM |A WEEK LATER | THE HOSPITALBATON ROUGE, LOUSIANA

"Wait, so he just...left?" Tabatha asked.

It had been a week since Alyssa and Kaizier had kissed, and it had also been a week since they spoke. Kaizier wasn't answering any of her calls or texts. He even went as far as unfollowing her on instagram. She was hurt, and confused as hell. Since they had met, there was non-stop flirting, and they texted and communicted every chance they got.

She thought he was feeling the same way as her, and just when she was prepared to go out on a limb and take a chance on him, he damn near ghosted her.

"Girl, yes." Alyssa frowned. "I don't know what happened. I mean, he kissed back for a minute. And then it's like a flip just switched and he just started packing his shit and leaving."

"Do you think it has something to do with India? Maybe?" Ari asked, highlighting some words on a document before filing it.

Alyssa shrugged, looking at her phone to see the couple of texts she had sent to Kaizier, asking him to text her back, just so they could talk. All of them not even being read. They had all been left on delivered.

"I don't even know, girl. I'm done stressing it." Alyssa lied, "I still want him as a friend though. And I know that's weird since he's only 19, but...he's different."

Both her friends turned in their rolling chairs towards her, smiling softly.

"You must really be feeling him, huh?" Ariana asked.

Alyssa shrugged. "Was feeling him."

"Girl bye, you know you still want that young boy." Tabatha laughed, turning in her chair, but she began choking, hit Ariana on the thigh and pointing to the figure that was walking in with flowers.

Alyssa looked to where she was pointing, her face lighting up a bit. Kaizier didn't even glance her way. He just walked past the front desk and made his way towards his grandmother's room.

"Girl, fuck is you still standing here for? Yo boyfriend isn't over here."

Alyssa looked at Ariana.

"Girl go. Shoo." Ariana pushed her friend with her foot and Alyssa laughed, swatting it away. "Okay, Okay."