Chapter 8

'Ah finally. The powers on.' Vanessa sighed a sigh of relief as she could finally go deal with the daycare attendant in his sun form.

"We'll be off now ma'am." The lead electrician said to Vanessa with a kind smile.

"Thanks again guys." She replied to him but aimed at them all.

"No problem cutie" ken said with yet another wink. "Here's my number."

"Right. Thanks." She took Kent's number so he'd leave quicker. She needed to get back to work.

At that, she escorted the men out of the facility and back to their van with no further comments from any of the electricians. Vanessa finally headed back towards the daycare to deal with the daycare attendant. She sighed getting herself ready for what was to come.

'Hopefully sun will be more agreeable than moon.' She was lost in thought while walking through the pizza plex. After a few more minutes of walking past bright neon lights, Vanessa made it to a slow sliding door that lead to the daycare. She looked through the glass and saw that the day care was empty. 'They must still be in suns room.' She thought as she was looking at the platform that sun usually emerges from to see if she could see anything inside. Of course she couldn't so she was on her way to his door.

She walked through the hidden door to his hallway once again. Nervousness taking over her as she thought about all the horrible things that could happen. If moon was on the fritz then it wouldn't be too far fetched if sun had also gone haywire. She reached the end of the hallway and, like before, reached for the door slowly and eventually grabbed onto the handle, twisting it slowly at first then quickly opened the door to reveal... nothing? It was completely empty. Vanessa checked the little room in the wall just to make sure it was empty.

'Where'd they go? This isn't good. They could be anywhere. Most importantly, what has that stupid daycare attendant done with them?'

Vanessa was now on the hunt for the kid and robot. Looking all over the pizza plex. From counters to supply closets. She could find any clue of where you two had gone.

'Maybe I should ask the others..' just like that she was on her way to rockstar row. She half ran-half jogged to go talk to Freddy and the others. After a short walk she made her way there and spotted only two in their rooms. Everyone accept for Chica and Monty. Monty was in maintenance getting fixed once again. But Chica wasn't there either. She was meant to be in her room at the moment.
'Strange I saw her just earlier. It doesn't matter I'll talk to the others first then I'll go look for her.'

The closest to her was was Freddy so she decided to go talk to him first. Obviously.

"Hey Freddy. Have you seen moon, sun, a child or Chica anywhere by any chance?" She decided to not waste time.

"Uh sorry Vanessa, I have not. I suppose I'll ask about it later. Good luck superstar." Freddy seemed to understand that the security guard was in a sort of rush.

"Thanks Freddy." Was the last thing she said to Freddy as she was walking to the next animatronic that was there's room. Roxy.

"Roxy hey. Have you seen anyone run by? Specifically the daycare attendant, a kid or Chica? It's important." She asked Roxy getting straight to the point once again. She didn't have time to waste.

"Vanessa? No I haven't. Why?" Roxy wasn't as understanding that Vanessa was in a rush. She was just curious and wanted answers.

Vanessa sighed at Roxy's behaviour "never mind Roxy, I'll keep looking I guess." she was about to walk away when she was stopped by Roxy's voice.

"Wait I think I saw Chica heading to the kitchen while the power was still off." The wolf animatronic gave in when she realised that she wouldn't get any answers from the night guard.

"Thank you roxy. I'll tell you later when I have time ok?" Vanessa turned to walk away once again but this time she was going to head to the kitchen to tell her to get to her room.

'I hope she's still there. Maybe I'll even see sun or the kid on my way.' But one could only hope. The night guard once again half walked-half jogged towards the kitchen to hopefully find Chica.

A while of walking later she had finally reached the door to the kitchen. She opened and walked through the door to see a horrific sight..

Chica had laid on the ground completely disassembled. Pieces of her scattered in different places. Her arm on a counter, other arm on the floor on the other side of the room. Torso on the floor laying next to her arm. So as I said, in pieces. Vanessa was shocked to say the least, it had to be the work of the daycare attendant. She was horrified that he went that far. And to one of his friends even. She could only hope that it was moon who did that and that sun will be much nicer.

Chica seemed to be completely offline so there was no asking her where they went. She sighed. "Guess I'll have to keep wondering around.." the night guard murmured to no one in particular. "Maybe I should check back at the daycare again.." before she did anything further she called maintenance and made a note for them to commission Chica again and that told them that she was in the kitchen. They said that there was nothing they could do however until tomorrow.

So just like that the security guard started walking towards the daycare. She was being more cautious now after seeing what the 'child friendly robot' did too poor Chica. She was looking around everywhere to make sure she was safe on her way. Sure she was meant to be tough. But that's for intruders not unstable, killer animatronics with a need to 'protect' a child that she had to get out of there a soon as possible. Needless to say she was paranoid. Nevertheless it was her job and she couldn't afford to get fired. So she sucked it up and kept walking towards the daycare with the 50/50 possibility of him actually being there, let alone with the kid.

Words: 1083

———————

So sorry for everyone who's said that they love Chica 😅

Also..

EXCUSE ME-

EXCUSE ME-