Chapter 14

Around the poker table, were six individuals, two of them being Nya and Malina. At first, they watched and when the losers came out they took their spots. They joined four original Darks, Mason, Rye, Jess, and Chia.

"Lee, How do you play this?" She leaned close to her sister's ear.

"Umm..."

Chia, giggles. She was a thick, dark-haired beauty and she had the most chips in front of her. "I'll explain it to you."

She listened and tried to understand the brief rundown as best she could, but by the end of it, she hoped for beginners' luck.

"First to run out of poker chips has to do a dare of the table's choosing," Mason adds as he deals the cards. "Otherwise this just wouldn't be fun."

Everyone agreed.

Nya scratches her head as she looks at her cards. A four of diamond and ten of clubs.

What were the rules?

When it came to her first turn she folds. She thought she would watch a bit to see if she could learn.

The next round she bet, she thought she had something. She lost. Jess claimed to hear her heart rate and she chickened out of betting anymore but after some more rounds and winning some she was getting the hang of it.

She began betting more, and with confidence, but there was no beginner's luck today because she lost, and she kept losing until all her chips were gone.

Chia smiles. "We have our loser ladies and gents." She stands and taps her finger to her mouth while looking around. "What's it gonna be?"

It really didn't phase her to have to do a dare but she could see the anxiety building in her sister's eyes. "It's fine." She places a hand on her shoulder.

"What about Hijack falls?" Mason suggests

"Ooooohhhh the falls..." Chia's eyes light up.

"No." Malina stands. "That's a 120-foot jump into shallow water. That takes skill. She is a Rank 4. I know you guys are not used to-"

"I'll do it." Maybe it was the liquor but Nya felt like she could, and she wanted to. Her rank wasn't going to define her.

One of her sister's brows elevates. "Yeah, no you're not."

"Points for bravery..." Rye inserts "but our new Luna is right. Maybe something that's not dangerous."

"What's the fun in that?" Jess comments.

"Look..." Chia points to the roadside.

Everyone draws their attention to the street where Alpha Vince's luxury black car pulled up. It was a car they seldom saw.

"I've got it." The thick bombshell eyes light up. She smiles wickedly as she shifts her attention to Nya.
"In front of everyone, you're gonna ask alpha Vince if you can borrow his car, and you can't be laughing or smiling. You have to be dead-serious. I mean I want you to hold your hand out and wait for the key."

Jess laughs. "That's brilliant. He's going to flip his shit."

The table agrees.

How that put more fear in her bones than jumping off a cliff she didn't know but she didn't hesitate when she said "Okay."

She takes a deep breath and watches as Vince and Bent come out of the car. She was actually going to do this. The brothers step onto the dirt and into the crowd. She stands up and here she goes. She was really going to do it. Another deep breath and she forced her feet to move his way.