☁️Bruno madrigal x reader

Your family were running out of supplies for the farm, and your family is who supply's them! You can't run out, everyone relies on your family to provide produce and seeds! So they were heading beyond the mountains.. the first time in over 50 years.. you were worried sick! So your parents were leaving you with the madrigals, for the company and the comfort.

You'd been there for maybe 2 weeks now and you were finally starting to settle a bit. If it wasn't for how welcoming the family were, you might not have settled at all. You were staying in the spare room that Mirabel decorated for you. it was colourful and very homely, filled with lots of plants (most likely from Isabel), a unicorn plush (from Luisa), a photo of you and Camilo when he dragged you to see his favourite musical and a home made blanket that Mirabel made you. it was a soft green with stitching of daisies and diamonds around the edge and a large assortment of doodle of all your favourite things in the middle.

you were at an awkward age where you were older than the kids, but younger than the parents. despite that, you were made to feel very at home and you could talk to everyone.

it was around 5am and you woke up with a dry throat. the floor boards were creaking outside your room, so you figured it'd probably be ok for you to grab a glass of water. you open your door and peek down the stairs, you saw the back of someone's head as they were heading into the kitchen. you waddled down the stairs avoiding all the creaky boards (of which you had memorised) and stood in the kitchen doorway.

A figure with curly, unkept hair stood at the masonry oven (where the leftovers were kept). you let out a small gasp and the figure froze before slowly turning to you. you took a step back and made an attempt to scream. however you were stopped by the figure whop put a and over your mouth and didn't allow you to run away. "please don't scream!" he whispered. you were shaking and using your hands to keep him at a sizable distance "I'm not here to hurt anyone, please let me explain..!" he felt your once tense hands relax on his chest. he removed his hand from your mouth but kept a hand on your upper arm so you couldn't run away. "my name is Bruno, I'm Julietta and papa's twin brother.. i don't know if they've told you about me because 'oh- we don't talk about Bruno' so.. but i promise I'm only here for food.." you breathing became lighter as panic faded. "w-why are you sneaking around if- if your family- i don't" you were stumbling over your words.

"its.. its a very long and depressing story.. one i especially cant tell here.." he said looking away. you had stopped shaking now.

"T-Tio Bruno?" you ask remembering seeing him in a few family photo's. he looked at you surprised. "I've seen you in the family photos.." you confirm. you stood in sort of an awkward silence making eye contact.

"a-and who do i owe the pleaser?" he asks.

"oh! of course! I'm Y/N, I'm gonna be staying here while my parents are out of town.." you answer.

"out of town?" he questions. you nod and tell him about the farm situation. "i see.. w-well I'm sure it'll be ok, uhh how long do you think you'll be staying?"

"6 months at least, but its been a while since anyone's left town.. so it could be longer.."

"r-right.. well ill let you- go now.. and maybe ill see you around?" he says taking a step back and releasing your upper arm. "r-right" you walk to the base of the stairs. "o-oh.. um this might be a bit much to ask, but could you not mention that you saw me..." he says.

"oh.. sure.. um, night?"

"night" he replies. you walk up the stairs and turned when you got to the top to see him still there. you wave before walking into your room. 'well that was the most awkward conversation I've ever had..'