Chapter 10 | Meet The Heroes!

The day after the incident, C.C woke up to a letter on the nightstand near his bed.

Sorry C.C, me and Elijah had to leave while you were asleep. Make sure you be careful!

-Michael

P.S-I left French Toast in the fridge for you and Nightmare. Just use the microwave to heat it up.

Although C.C was somewhat sad that his older brother had left, his mood immediately perked up when he read that there was breakfast in the fridge. Running downstairs, he could already smell the scent of the French Toast, most likely because Nightmare had taken it out of the fridge while he was asleep. 

"Nightmare! Hand over the French Toast-!"

The taller of the two turns around, shoving a piece of food into C.C's mouth before he could finish talking. C.C slides into the seat next to Nightmare, chewing on the piece of French Toast in his mouth. Today was a Saturday, so they didn't need to worry about being late, as there were no classes. 

"Well, there's no classes today, so is there anything you wanna do?" 

"Before that, you need to go and apologize to Nezu for the trouble, isn't that right?"

C.C pauses, mood turning sour. "Yeah... I guess you are..."

He gets up from the chair, reverting to a child again.

"Oh? You wish to stay in that form?" Nightmare asks.

"It's easier for me like this, since I haven't gotten completely used to the older one. So for now, I'll stay as a child when outside and only use my older form when we're alone. Maybe I'll stay in my older form for longer in the future, but I don't want to risk it right now."

"Understood. Then, shall we go?" 

~Nezu's Office~

Nezu was sitting at his desk, working on a few documents, when shadows suddenly appeared in front of him. He sits calmly, knowing only two people who could get into his office so easily. When C.C and Nightmare materialized, he spoke.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" He asks.

C.C mutters something that the mouse could not  hear, earning the child a smack on the head from the taller. C.C sighed, before lowering his head.

"I'm sorry for causing you and the students trouble yesterday... that was inconsiderate of me."

"Ah? Oh, you do not need to worry about that. Your brother came and offered some of his help, as well as apologized in your place already, so there is no need."

"He did? Wait what help did he offer?" C.C asked, raising his head.

"If I remember correctly, it was some new invention of sorts for the support heroes. I'm not exactly sure what he made, but it made them jump in joy and holler with happiness all morning. They even came to work on a Saturday!"

C.C groans, "He did something outrageous again, didn't he?"

"Well, most likely, but as I was saying earlier, there is nothing for you to worry about. In the end, no one sustained permanent injuries so all is well. However, I would advise you to apologize to the students of class 1-A."

"Yeah, I plan to do that when we go back to class on Monday." C.C replied. "Thanks." 

The duo turned around to leave the room. "Well, now that this matter is settled, why don't we go find something to do Nightmare?" 

"Hm? If you have nothing to do, why don't you tag along with some of the pro heroes to watch them work?" Nezu pipes in. 

"We are allowed to do that?" Nightmare asked.