39 - New Beginnings

"To be honest, I wasn't sure if we would make it back in one piece or not," Hoseok whistles amusingly with a slight chuckle as he enters the kitchen after you.

"And why is that? Did you two do something reckless while you were out?" Seokjin questions from where he's pouring himself a glass of water at the kitchen island. The eldest male glances between you and Hoseok as the two of you approach him, paying close attention to the differences in your body language and the silent message they exude. It takes less than a second for him to recognize the sudden shift in dynamics that took place between you two and a knowing smirk threatens to pull at the corner of his lips.

"You know me, Jinnie. I'm never reckless," Hoseok refutes, placing a dainty hand on his sternum as if to emphasize his point.

"That may be true, but I also recognize the look on Y/N's face. Her expression just screams, 'I'm flustered and I don't know what to do with myself.' It's the signature expression anyone has after you go all dom on them, sugarplum."

In all honesty, flustered is an understatement for how you feel at the moment. On one hand, it feels like your insides are burning hotter than hell itself. Yet, on the other hand, it feels like you're ice cold and only Hoseok's touch can give you any sense of warmth.

On top of that, for better or for worse, your mind won't stop replaying the images and feelings of the red panda hybrid turning what was a seemingly quick pit stop to switch vehicles into a hot makeout session. You can still feel the ghosting touch of his hands roaming from your jaw to your neck then your arms, and eventually down to your waist and back. Hoseok is undoubtedly skilled in the practice of light touches to make whoever he's kissing go insane. His fingers danced across your skin at just the right moments, leaving a trail of goosebumps in his wake.

Of course, the red panda hybrid's lips also worked wonders. You have to clear your throat to compose yourself when your mind decides to spontaneously remind you of when the red panda hybrid began trailing kisses away from your lips and down the side of your jaw until he was nibbling and biting softly at the smooth skin on your neck. Out of pure instinct, one of your hands flies up to cup the exact spot and a small shiver runs through your body when your skin begins to tingle at the memory.

"You finally kissed her, Hope-ah?" Yoongi questions with a smirk as he strolls into the room. The snow leopard's tail dances in fluid motions behind him - the pattern of his movements leads you to believe that he knew that this was coming. "Will you finally stop complaining about it to me during our cuddles now?"

There it is.

"I thought you said you were good at hiding it?" you ask when Yoongi's words finally catch your attention. When you turn to face Hoseok and look him in the eyes for the first time since he kissed you senselessly, it's now the red panda hybrid's turn to recoil timidly.

"I never specified whom I was good at hiding it from. I'm only good at hiding it from you," Hoseok explains, his tone of voice dropping down to a soft, bashful murmur.

Is this even the same hybrid that switched up on you so quickly not too long ago? His duality will truly never cease to amaze you.

"What took you guys so long? We finished the seating chart ages ago and were ready to visit the house like 10 minutes after you two left." Taehyung rambles as he and Jimin enter the kitchen hand-in-hand. The tiger hybrid is swinging their hands back and forth while the fox hybrid follows after him with the seating chart in his vacant hand.

"Only ten minutes? I thought it would have taken longer," you muse. When you reach a hand out for the seating chart, Jimin instantly hands the paper over to you for you to look at.