XXVI- News

Theos POV

We walked to this mysterious place after professor Lupin sent a patronus to warn the others he'd found Anna. I hoped she wouldn't get in trouble. She had run away like that without a word just to save my house, putting herself at risk. I mean not one were there weird assholes who wanted our fucking money, put the Dark L- Voldemort was on the rise. He was after her brother and probably after her too. Maybe I shouldn't have sent word to her. It was selfish. As if she'd sensed my thoughts, she grabbed my wrist. She turned to me and nodded her head. We'll be okay. I slightly smiled at her, trying to ignore the dog's growls.

We arrived in front of a block and I couldn't help but notice there wasn't a number 12. It could've been because all the even numbers were on the other side, but they obviously weren't since there was a 10 and a 14. Professor Lupin handed me a paper and I took it. I looked at Anna and she nodded, so I opened the paper. There, with a fancy handwriting, was the number 12. I looked up as a house, darker than the rest, appeared between the numbers.  

"Fidelius Charm," I breathed. 

We walked inside and I immediately knew it was a pureblood residence. The walls were dark, the ambiance felt cold, though not the coldest. It was warmer than the Nott Manor. It had been so cold since mum's death. I quickly stopped thinking about it. The dog suddenly transformed into a man, and now Sirius Black stood in front of me. I opened my mouth in shock. He may not know, but some people talked about him. He was the hero of those of us who wanted out of the pureblood bullshit. He'd been able to get out, got disowned unfortunately. He'd been my hope for a long time, no matter if he had murdered those people and Pettigrew, though I knew the boy wasn't dead. He'd been to my house, so I knew he had been the one to betray Anna's parents. So Sirius Black was good.  He looked at me coldly and I felt a chill run up my spine.

Potter came out of a room, the Weasley family and Granger following behind. He hugged his sister, which seemed to surprise her as she tensed up, her arms limp on the side of her body.

"Damn it, Anna, you scared us!"

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that," she answered.

He pulled away from her and saw the way she looked. She'd been cut on the arm and the cheekbone and there were a bunch of small bruises. I held the jacket she'd given me closer as I remembered the fight. It was scary.

"Holy shit. What happened?"

"It's nothing."

"She got in a fight," I answered without thinking. Everybody turned to me and I shrieked slightly.

"What's he doing here?" one of the twins asked coldly.

"He's with me," Anna answered in the same tone.

"He doesn't fucking belong here."

"Enough," Professor Lupin said loudly. "We'll talk to Anna. All of you, up to bed."

"But-"

"Now!" Ms. Weasley said. She definitely had the authority of a mother, but in a kind way. Not like my father. They all listened to her, most sending me dirty looks which earned them a glare from Anna. Her glare could be really scary.

"Come on," Lupin said. He was cold as well. Colder than when he taught us. 

We walked in the room, which was apparently the kitchen and sat down. Anna immediately slouched down, as if she wanted to disappear under the table. Ms. Weasley took out her wand and I stiffened. She came to us and started saying healing spells on Anna. She let her do it, not looking at her once. She focused on me after, saying the spells though she seemed less happy to do it.

"Thank you," I said.

"What were you thinking, Anna? You could've gotten seriously hurt, you don't know what could be out there!" Lupin said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare anyone." She didn't look up. She looked her age, for once. "I just wanted to help Theo."

"Help him from what?" Sirius Black said with a sneer.

"He told me he was in a muggle park, Handyside garden, and needed help so I went."

"Why?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe to keep him safe and not let him freeze to death," she said, obviously annoyed.

"What could he possibly need protection for?" Black asked.

"Why would he need safety?" A person with purple hair asked at the same time, though they genuinely seemed curious.

Anna looked at me, probably to ask if she could say, but I decided to answer for myself.

"My father was going to make me get the mark. The Dark- Voldemort had agreed to it, he was going to come tonight."

I could see the chill going around the room as I said his name, and the way everyone deflated at the news.

"Why didn't you get it?" Black said, looking me up and down.

"I don't believe in his... values." He raised an eyebrow. "Blood statues are bullshit. It doesn't make sense, people don't deserve to get killed because their parents and grand-parents weren't wizards. We were gifted with magic, being born from a magical family doesn't change it, that's why there are squibs."

"What do you mean we "were gifted with magic"?" Purple hair asked.

"Magic chooses us, the same way the wand chooses the wizard. If she chose a muggleborn, there must be a reason. We're not above the magic's will." I looked around, feeling exposed. "At least that's what I believe."

"I- I never saw it like that. Mind if I share your theory with my mum? I think she'd love it."

"Euh, yeah sure, I don't mind."

"Names Tonks, by the way," they smiled and I smiled back. At least one person seemed to like me.

"I'm surprised a Slytherin came up with that," Black said.

"Oi! My mum's a Slytherin," Tonks protested.

"Right, I have to stop forgetting about Angie. But then again, she married a muggleborn Hufflepuff, so she's not really a Slytherin."

"Well, the Hat decided she was. Last I checked you're not the hat."

"I guess so, yeah."

"You'll stay here for the rest of the holidays, Theodore. You can stay in the same room as Anna," Lupin said.

"Thank you, professor. But please call me Theo." He looked slightly shocked that I had called him professor.

"Still call him professor, Theo?" Anna teased.

"He's the best DADA teacher we've had! And the coolest. If anything, he should still be our professor," I defended myself, forgetting he was right next to us.

"Well, thank you for that, Theo, I appreciate it." He gave me a kind smile. "You can just call me Remus."

"Oh, right. Thank you."

"Call me anything other than Sirius and it'll go badly, kid." He looked scary but his tattoos were so cool.

"Of course, yeah."

"Come on, go to bed you too. You deserve the rest."

We got up and started walking out the door. "Night everyone!" Anna called and I greeted the others with a nod. I wasn't sure what else to do, but I was glad I had somewhere to stay. I knew I'd be safe as long as Anna was there, she had a natural protective instinct. She was a strength to this world and I was blessed to have her as a friend.