Chapter 11

When you arrived home you immediately went to your bed. You felt so tired and weak from the night, but somehow were still looking forward to your shift. I can't be falling for someone trying to kill me. You laid down in disgust with yourself, and stared at the ceiling. After what felt like hours, you finally fell asleep.

Back at the pizzeria you saw the phantoms gathered around Spring trap. You were confused because you never really understood the relationship between them. You then began to hear talking from the phantoms.

"Why haven't you killed her, you KILLED us."

"You won't change, you're going to hurt her."

"You don't deserve happiness, we will kill her before you get the chance to protect her."

"Stop. Please. Don't hurt her and leave me alone...I'm trying to change."

"You'll never change, Afton."

"You deserve to suffer like the rest of us."

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD" Spring trap was screaming and throwing his arms around in the air trying to shake away the phantoms.

"She's not safe, especially with you."

That was the last thing they said before vanishing into thin air. Spring trap stood there sighing and looking around the room to make sure they weren't there. He seemed, scared? How could he be scared of phantoms? How does he even have the emotion fear? He's so scary.

You then realized what they were talking about. Killing me like them? Afton? That must be some sort of name for him. Did he kill the phantoms? Aren't they already dead, how can they be killed? You had so many question but things started to blur and you began to wake up.

You sprung right out of bed, not from fear but from curiosity. Maybe Spring trap will come into my office tonight. Then I'll be able to ask him some questions. That's if he doesn't kill me...

You checked the time it was 9:43 PM. You still had hours before your shift started but you decided you were going to head to the pizzeria early, maybe I can meet Spring trap earlier.

———
It was 10:36 PM when you had arrived. The place was closed but there were no cars in the parking lot. You walked over to the main entrance to open the front doors. When you opened the doors you saw Spring trap sitting on the floor in the corner of the hallway. His eyes were shut and it almost looked like he was, sleeping?

"Hello? Spring trap?" You said trying to wake him up.

He didn't answer and instead you awoke something else. The phantoms were right behind you. You screamed for help, but no one was there, and Spring trap was in a deep sleep.

"He won't protect you." The phantom with tears in their eyes had said.

"Please...please don't kill me." You said in fear closing your eyes and backing away from the phantoms.

"It's not 12. We cannot kill you, yet. Afton probably will though. He is a murderer." This time the bear with a top hat was talking to you, he was new you don't remember encountering him before.

"Who's Afton?"

"The one you trust. He isn't trustworthy. He will backstab you and you'll end up just like us." The puppet began again.

"We weren't born like this..." the phantom looked away from you and looked at all the other phantoms surrounding you.

"We must go. Beware of Afton, and beware of us." The bunny-looking one said before laughing and disappearing into thin air.

Is Spring trap, Afton? Did he murder those things?! Just before you could finish your thoughts you noticed Spring trap was shifting behind you and he was waking up. You were frightened after what the phantoms had just told you and decided to run into your office before he noticed you standing over him.

———
Your shift had started it was now 12 AM. It was night 5 and you knew it would probably be one of the hardest nights you've had. You were hoping that Spring trap would leave you alone and you wouldn't have to talk to him. I don't think I want answers anymore. You said shivering for a few seconds in fear.

Just then, the ventilation system had started failing and everything was beeping. A phantom jumped right at you, this time it was a fox with a eyepatch. It frightened you and you jumped out of your seat shaking even more than before. You knew you had to get up, and this time you were able to. You grabbed the tablet and quickly reset the vents before they could knock you out.

Just when you thought it was over you saw Spring trap standing in the doorway, you gulped in fear, unsure of which side you would get of him tonight, and because of the fact of what the phantoms had told you. He stared at you for a few minutes before walking in the office.

"Calm down, I'm not going to kill you." He said with his eyelids half down almost laughing at you.

"What, why?" He said multiple times he was going to?

"Never mind that. The phantoms are going to keep coming back so you need to make sure the ventilation doesn't fail." He said seeming almost, worried?

"Yeah, I already saw the fox." You wanted to bring up your dreams but you didn't want him to go psycho on you.

"There's going to be even more tonight, they are furious..." he said looking over his shoulders.

"But I didn't do anything to them!" You whined and began to feel frustrated.

"I know, but they are angry at me. They are taking it out on you." His eyes went dull and he looked down at the floor.

"What did you do to them..." you said trying your best to not sound scared.

"You don't want to know." Still looking down at the floor.

"They keep appearing in my dreams, and they were talking to me earlier, about you..." You decided it was time to bring it up.

"What-what did they say...?" He seemed worried for your next answer.

"That you were going to kill me." You said trying to hold back tears. Spring trap looked up from the floor and back at you, his eyes looked upset, and he kept moving them up and down looking at you.

"Y/N..." He began...