37-A Cloudy Day

One Week Later...

Seven days of happiness, one hundred and sixty-eight hours of happiness. It's been a week since the engagement and I've never felt happier. I'd never guess to fall in love with someone like Axel. It had been very quiet lately, no threats, no worries and I couldn't feel happier. For seven days had I not only been smiling but I've also been training endlessly with Bruna and Annika.

Bruna was way more skilled than she looked to my surprise. She had gotten a score of 9/10 during the shootout training while I only got 6/10. Annika had been giving me tips on how to aim better and I'm starting to use them into more consideration.

Other than the training I've been learning steps on how to be another mother to Devine. I knew which boundaries to not overstep and I didn't want to ruin Lizzie's chance of forming a bond with Devine. Although Devine hates visiting Lizzie, I still believe that she's worthy of another chance.

Axel and I have been doing extremely well, we've been on a couple of dates and even brought Devine along with us on some of them.

As for me, I've been looking in the mirror constantly at the wound on my stomach. I wondered if it had fully healed. On top of that, I had a scar on my neck from the doctors removing the steel device that was attached to me. Speaking of doctors today is the day I'm due for a check-up on my wounds.

"Alora?" Axel called out

Alora's head was turned away from him and her eyes were watching the car window.

"Alora?" Axel called out again but placed his hand gently on her shoulder

"Oh sorry!" Alora said slightly jumping

"You okay?" Axel said

Alora nodded

"Just distracted by my thoughts," Alora said smiling slightly

"Come on we're at the hospital" Axel kissed her hand gently

They both got out of the car and entered the hospital. Axel and Alora strode through the hospital halls; both chins up high and proud. There was a happy yet dark look on both of their faces. Alora and Axel felt as if they were on top of the world.

"It's so nice to see you again Alora" Doctor Jenz said

"It's so nice to see you too," Alora said with a soft smile

Axel leaned by the hospital examination room door with his arms crossed. His eyes were fixated on both the doctor and Alora.

"Just raise your shirt a bit for me," Doctor Jenz said

Alora gripped the ends of her shirt and lifted it gently to reveal the wounds. There was still a bandage over them. SNAP! The noise made Alora jump.

"I'm so sorry Alora, I had to put my gloves on," Doctor Jenz said worriedly

"Oh no don't worry about it, I wasn't paying attention that's all" Alora said

Doctor Jenz carefully removed the bandaged and looked at the wound. She squinted a bit and had a curious look on her face. Placing her fingers gently he felt around the wound before cleaning it up and apply medical ointment. Doctor Jenz quietly and carefully rebandaged the wound.

"I'm gonna dispose of my gloves okay?" Doctor Jenz said before getting up

Alora pulled her shirt back down to cover the bandage. Doctor Jenz washed and dried her hands by the mini sink in the room and stood by Alora.

"The wound is healing but it will take a bit longer than usual. I do recommend being very careful and extremely cautious with the wounded area. Keep it cleaned every day and bandaged until your next appointment" Doctor Jenz said smiling

"We sure will, thank you so much Doctor," Alora said

Alora stood up and left the room along with Axel. They got back into the ca which awaited them outside.

"Take us home," Axel said

The car drove off into the streets of New York. Axel couldn't help but notice the car taking a different route than normal.

"Where are we going, Axel?" Alora asked

"We're going home," Axel said

Alora bit the side of her cheek nervously. She trusted Axel but something seemed suspicious. 

"Axel!" Alora yelled

Axel turned to Alora taken by surprise.

"What's wrong?" Axel asked

"What's wrong?" Alora mocked in disbelief

Axel shook his head

"You're asking me what's wrong?!" Alora yelled

"Why are you upset? Is it what the doctor said?" Axel asked concerned

"No! You told him to drive us home! Why aren't we home yet!" Alora screamed

"We'll be home soon Alora. Calm down, nothing will happen to you okay?" Axel said

"You're lying to me, Axel! You know these past weeks have been hard for me!"

"Why are you yelling Angel? I just wanted to surprise you that's all" Axel said softly

"I hate surprises, Axel! I'm scared okay! I can't stand surprises! Ever since what happened in Mexico!"

"Maybe if you stop yelling at me! Everything wouldn't be so complicated!" Axel said furrowing his brows

"I don't care about your surprise anymore I just want to go home!" Alora said

"We're almost there.." Axel said turning away to look out the window

Alora scoffed in disbelief 

~

~

~

Authors Note!

Hey Readers! I'm back with another chapter! Sorry for the long wait! I've been very tired lately and my mental health has been very rocky. I'm starting to feel energized enough to write again :))

Welp this chapter isn't too happy. What will happen next? Where are they going? Will their "happy" relationship last?

Find out next! Thanks for reading!