Chapter 21 [Lunch time confessions]

Aaliyah

"Its great to finally be around another Christian, its seems like every time i run into one they are either embarrassed to talk about God or they aren't really a Christian and just use Jesus' name for clout." He says while letting out a smile and biting a chip in front of him.

Great. Now he thinks im a super Christian, if he starts to quiz me, im a goner! Ive been going to church more and talking to God a little more but I still dont even own a physical bible and have faced serious problems due to my faith like, anxiety and fear.

His eyebrows are scrunched up as he chews his food, waiting for me to reply something. When i give him an awkward cringy smile he knows something is up.

"Whats wrong? You look constipated."

I let out a giggle and he returns one in his deep voice while dusting the salt off his hands. He looks up at me with confusion

"Well... i mean i would say im a trying Christian." I say to him while drinking My water.

"Arent we all?" He says while looking weirdly at my glass of water.

"Eat something." He tells me while pushing the plate of nacho fries closed to me. Yeah right the last thing i need right now is cheesy breath when im this close to Maleek.

"Yeah well i guess i just am not as close to God as i once was. I Hadn't prayed or been in my bible in years until a few weeks ago, that time you saw me at church was actually the first time ive been in years too." I say with a bit of shame in my voice.
God has brought me this far and I couldn't even stick with him?

"So...lukewarm?"he says with a cheeky smile on his face, taking another bite of his food. I kick his long leg which is taking up most of the space under the table and take another sip of my water while my stomach begs some food.

"Aaliyah eat something ." He says strictly getting tired of me more and more.

"Ask nicely." I say, He rolls his eyes and then says..

"Aaliyah can you please eat something i dont want my wonderful and hardworking assistant to die from starvation." He says with a fake smile on his face that causes me to burst out laughing.

"A simple please would have sufficed." I say and take a small bite of the food. Wow, its sooo good.

"But anyways Is there any reason why you were so distant from God?" he asks me while taking another bite of the meal.

Then it happens, thoughts of austin flood my head. How he would always tease and mock me for believing in "sky daddy" and how him and his mom would always make me feel so embarrassed for going to church and watching sermons.

A frown is painted on my face and i think he notices it.
"We don't have to talk about it."

"No, its just an ex made me feel a bit bad about my beliefs, but it wasn't his fault it was mine, its a long story" i say taking another bite of the meal. Wait? Did i just talk to someone about austin? For the first time since he left, Maleek must have super powers or something. He is now more curious...

"He made you feel bad about your beliefs but its somehow your fault?" His whole expression is a twist of confusion. They never understand, thats why i never tell anyone about my situation with Austin, no one would ever understand, it wasn't his fault.

"you know the bible says in Matthew 5 Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven"

"English please and slow it down a bit too" i say.

"Jesus basically says you are blessed and be happy when people insult you and treat you bad because of your beliefs, because the reward of enduring all of that is The kingdom of God, its heaven Aaliyah."
He says with a smile on his beautiful face.

Have i just met the most perfect man? But i cant even imagine myself in another relationship, not after austin, who am i kidding he wouldn't even go for me. Look at him.

"Youve got a bible verse for everything you know that right?" I say in a jealous voice.

"thats one of the benefits of always reading your bible. You gain unlimited knowledge. The bible is the only book i use to survive this evil world, and it has never failed me." He takes another bite of food and stays looking at me.

"You think i will ever get to that point? Even with all the bad ive done, even though I forgot and neglected God? I feel like he wont want me anymore." I say biting my lip. Nervous to hear his reply.

"Of course, do you even understand how proud he is of you for coming back to him? The bible says..."

"Here you go again!" I say while laughing, impressed and envious of his great knowledge of the bible.

"...hear me out, its a good one." He says while grinning and tapping the table twice.

"Go on."

"..the bible says In the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. The angels are rejoicing over you Aaliyah. So don't worry about God not wanting you, because he always wants his children to come back home just like the prodigal son. He welcomes you with open arms no matter what your sin is. So do i think he will accept you back? I know he will. He makes all things beautiful in his own time." He is rubbing my arm and looking in my eyes, making me feel safe.

Damn it, this man is perfect. I love how i can talk to him without feeling judged. He never makes me feel like im a bad Christian or like I'm not good enough. He never fails to make me understand the love of God in a whole different light.

Thank you God.

"Wow. You got a way with your words for sure, Davis."

"Its the truth Aaliyah. He will show you, just wait."
I grab for my cup of water and he pulls it away from me and pushed forward the plate of nacho chips.

"Finish them." He says sternly I look at him raising an eyebrow
He stares at me for a while then takes a long sigh and forces out the word..

"Please."

*
Oh, you thought i was just gonna give you one chapter alone and dip? LOL! Enjoy these two chapters
Please vote and comment
God Bless :)