Into The Woods

I was going to make Noah regret treating me like some weak wolf that couldn’t protect herself. It was ridiculous to think he wanted me to remain locked up in my room. I was going to get out of here if it was the last thing I did which is why I was probably doing one of the dumbest things I could do. I had tricked the poor guards outside my door that I was in need of there services to help me with a plumbing issue in my bathroom. It was a terrible lie and I am a terrible liar, everyone from my old pack knew this about me which is why I never got away with anything with David. Lucky for me though my new pack had no idea about this and because I was there Luna they probably assumed I would never lie to them. I felt slightly guilty but getting back at Noah was more important to me. 

Once the guards were in my bathroom I had locked them in, which didn’t make them very happy. I made sure to block the door with the chair Jane had been using the other day when she had been taking care of me. I knew that wouldn’t hold them in for very long but it would be long enough for me to get a head start. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind link with Noah right away only because they probably know how pissed he’d be with them. I smiled to myself as they banged against the door and yelled for me to open it as kindly as they could. 

This is stupid, you’re going to make our mate even more upset with us. My wolf growls at me in my head. 

Don’t you want to go for a run? Our mate will understand once I explain that’s all I wanted to do… I say back to her and I know I’m lying to her but it’s easier to convince her because she is essentially just another part of me. 

She grows quiet at my words and I can sense the desire she has to be let out and run free since it’s been quite a few days. I smile to myself quite proud of my work as I make my way to the window near my bed. I open it quickly and kick out the screen without much trouble. I survey the outdoors to make sure that no one is wandering around and I’m happy when I find the coast is clear. I drop myself out of the window and land on the ground outside with a soft thud. I don’t wait another moment before I am sprinting across the large backyard toward the forest. 

I had a huge grin on my face once I hit the tree line and my wolf was stirring with excitement knowing that she was going to be able to run free. It’s not like I could run away even if a part of me still wanted to be free from all my bonds now that Noah had claimed me I would never be able to leave him without causing myself actual physical pain or until one of us died. I felt my happiness beginning to fade over the thoughts of Noah’s claim on me and the fact that he hadn’t given me a choice in the matter at all. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply pushing the thoughts out of my mind. 

I felt the tension slowly fade from my shoulders and I opened my eyes as I pushed onward deeper into the woods, looking for a good place to hide and shift. My plan was to just make Noah think I had run away from him and freak him out a little, which he deserved after insinuating that I was a rogue. I spotted a large fallen log in the distance and knew it would be a could place to strip and hide my clothes. 

I admired the stillness of the woods around me as I began to take my clothes off, realizing how much I had truly missed being surrounded by nature after my year long stint in the city. I smiled as I let the shift take over and my bones began to reset themselves folding and molding themselves into my true self. The shift was a pleasurable feeling, almost better than sex or well I had been told by other wolves. I shook out my black coat of fur when the shift was finally over. I dug my paws into the dirt beneath them feeling the vibrations and energy of the world around me.