Kiss me under the moon in this drunken state of ours - Jeongin

"Cheers!" Your best friend, Aiko, raised her glass joyfully.

You and a group of friends had decided to go out and have a drink at 6:40 pm to celebrate finishing your finals exams. University was more exhausting than you expected, but it was days like these that reminded you of the freedom you had as an adult, and that included the wonders of alcohol.

Except, you were wary of the mystical drink, mainly because of how it affects you after it enters your system. You weren't known to be able to handle large amounts of it, in fact, a shot or two can already make you tipsy, which is why you refrained from swallowing down the liquid unlike everyone else.

The night was going well. You were having fun chatting and eating all sorts of savory food, but one thing had your attention wavering back and forth. It was Jeongin, your friend who you developed strong feelings toward; except, he was fully absorbed in a conversation with Haewon. You couldn't help the slight stinging in your heart seeing them so happy together.
They'd make a good couple...

Forget it. Why are you thinking about him when you already told yourself to move on? Your eyes darted to the shiny liquor bottle beside you; a solution to your problem. You hesitated for a second, before reaching out and pouring yourself a shot of soju.

"Ooh~ Now that's the spirit, y/n!" Aiko tapped her glass with yours and downed the drink. You followed her lead, wincing from the smell as its strong flavor burned your throat.

As time passed by, you continued to get more and more drunk on the substance. A few shots turned into several bottles, and before you knew it, you could no longer process where you were or what you were doing; you just knew you were having fun.

2 hours later and everyone had decided it was late enough to leave. There was just one problem: you were in no state to go home by yourself.

"Hey! Someone should take y/n back to her place. It's not safe to let her go around at night like that."

"What are you guys talking about? I'm t-totally fine..." You pouted, face abnormally red and feet unable to go seconds without stumbling sideways.

Aiko giggled. "No need to worry, I'll–"

"I can take her home," Jeongin interrupted with a sweet smile. "If that's okay with you, of course."

"Oh?" Aiko raised a brow, aware of your crush on the boy. Luckily you weren't paying any attention to the conversation, or else you would've started complaining. "I see no problem. Take care of her!"

As the rest of the group waved goodbye, he turned to you, leaning against a wall with resting eyelids.

"Y/n, it's time to go. Let's head over to your place so I can drop you off, yeah?"

"Already? But I want to hang out some moree~" You whined.

"It's almost 9 o'clock. If you want, we can hang out tomorrow?" He suggested instead, relieved when you accepted his offer.

At first, he would just walk slightly ahead, making sure you were still behind him, but eventually you found it hard to keep track of where he was due to your blurry vision.

"Jeonginnn, I don't want to walk anymoree. I'm tired..." You stopped a few feet away.

He turned around and looked at your figure. Your eyes could barely keep open, squinting down at the street floor.

"Do you want me to carry you?"

You glanced at him, slightly shocked, but slowly nodded at the question. He lowered his body for you to climb on and hoisted you up, your arms wrapping around his shoulders and his supporting your legs. You would have been lying if you said you didn't find his muscles attractive.