3.8

[3.8]

Platinum

"I'm going in after him."

Before they could complain, Korra was already sitting in front of the meditating man. They all nodded, and Rae asked Korra if she was sure she wanted to go alone. The Avatar nodded. Rae reluctantly stepped back, closing the door of the room so curious people wouldn't snoop inside.

They waited and waited. The sun was already down, and Rae could feel the moon shine brightly. But still, a bad feeling brewed inside of her.

~

Zaheer's words were hard to comprehend for the young Avatar. For a second, Rae's face flashed in her mind. She narrowed her eyes and glared at Zaheer.

"What about Rae?" Korra asked, "once you take me down, she'll still be here! And she won't hesitate to kill you!"

The criminal laughed, making the Avatar frown.

"I see you haven't done your homework," started Zaheer with a smirk, "if you die, Avatar Korra, she's powerless. The part of Raava inside her body isn't strong enough to live without you and slowly and painfully, over a long period of years, Rae Akemi will lose her power and die..."

Korra's eyes widened. Worry flooded her eyes and she stared at Zaheer. "This is why you're not after her," muttered the Avatar, her head falling to look at her lap, "if there is no Avatar, there is no Guardian..."

"I wouldn't say we're not after her," stated Zaheer, his smirk still plastered in his face, "Ming-Hua will gladly take her. If you haven't seen yet, the Guardian's fight with us is quite personal. She and Ming-Hua have history... And when it comes to The Red Lotus, Guardian Akemi really needs to learn how to fight with her brains, not her heart."

The Avatar frowned, but she didn't get to ask more questions. Zaheer changed the topic and went back to her.

~

Rae was sitting by the door. Both her hands and feet were stuck to the ground. When she felt two pair of footsteps, she frowned. It took a few moments to recognize them, and when she realized who they were, her eyes widened.

Mako turned to the three. "I don't know how," he started, making Rae get to her feet, "but water arm lady and lava guy found us."

They tried to wake up Korra, but the young Avatar was deep in the spirit world. Before Mako could say anything, Rae took Korra in her arms. She put her on Naga while Mako told Asami to get her out of there.