07

"Wow, Valeria High is so lively." 

Open gate ang Valeria High to celebrate their Foundation Day kaya naman nakapunta kami ni Hiro. We just wanted to visit Acel and see how he was doing because I heard he got elected as the Student Council President and he was in charge of all of these. They got stalls everywhere ranging from food stalls to game stalls. 

"Hiro! Shan!" I saw Acel running towards us from afar so we stopped walking. Hiro and I went here straight from school so we were still wearing our uniforms. Halatang taga-Lopez High kami. White short-sleeved polo shirt with red and navy blue linings on the collar and sleeves paired with a dark blue necktie and slacks.

"You didn't have to rush," I told him because he was trying to catch his breath when he stopped in front of us. 

"Man, I'm in need of a refresher. It's so hot out here," sabi ni Hiro habang nakatakip ang isang kamay sa taas ng mga mata. It was really so hot. I think it was around 3 PM, that was why the sun was hurting my skin. 

"We have a café! You should relax there for the meantime," Acel offered.

I was inspecting the interior and exterior of the school while walking to the said café. The school definitely did not look that much different from ours but what made it really different was the ambiance and vibe. It was co-ed so there were... girls. Hiro and I kept on looking around because we were not used to seeing girls in school. 

"I could find a crush here," Hiro joked, laughing a little. 

"People here are nice," Acel endorsed their school even more. 

The café was air-conditioned so I felt refreshed when I entered the room. The smell and aroma of coffee also calmed me down. We sat at the table with only two chairs so Hiro tried to find for another one. 

"Okay na, Hiro. Aalis na rin naman ako," Acel said. 

"Stay for a bit, won't you?" I told him. Kakarating niya lang, aalis na siya kaagad? Nagpapahinga pa ba siya? He looked so busy roaming around. Habang naglalakad kami, kung sino-sino ang kinakausap niya, making sure that they were doing their jobs properly. 

"Hi, is this seat taken?" I heard Hiro ask the girl from another table. 

My lips parted when a girl suddenly placed her bag on the chair so Hiro could not get it anymore. She even sat down without saying anything so I laughed at Hiro's face. Man... He was rejected straight up. 

"Shut up, Shan," Hiro said, making me laugh a bit more. Acel just waited for the drinks to arrive before leaving so I offered to walk him out of the café. 

"Hello, Pres!" I suddenly stopped walking when Chevy did because a girl greeted him. A pretty tall morena was smiling at him. She looked familiar for some reason, but I couldn't point it out. Maybe I already saw her around school. 

"I'll see you later again. May gagawin lang ako," paalam ni Acel sa akin bago kumaway. I just smiled before going back inside the café again. Baka matunaw na 'yong iniinom ko.