Chapter 4

Jacob

It was already dark when we arrived at the Everest Pack. As I got out of my car with Damian, my Beta, by my side and my warriors standing behind me, Alpha Albert Everest approached and introduced me to his family.

"Thank you for coming Alpha Jacob, please join us to have a peaceful dinner with Alpha Skyler tonight."

I nodded at Alpha Albert, and Damian started to whisper in my ear.

"Isn't Skyler the daughter of Alpha Steven, I look forward in meeting her daughter, bet she looks hot."

I haven't really met Alpha Skyler. Well, I've only seen her once at the council meeting, but we were far from each other so I guess it doesn't count. I heard that she became a lycan at such a young age, she's also a prodigy, it makes me want to know her. After all, I've been planning to end our pack's rivalry that my father started.

I ordered Damian to stay with Alpha Albert in case something happens, while I'll take my wolf out for a run. Since I agreed to come here, my wolf felt anxious.

I stripped my clothes and headed towards the forest. While I was running toward the edge of the forest, a scent of flowers went through my nose, it made my wolf go crazy so I followed the scent and it led me in the middle of the forest where I saw a beautiful grey wolf walking around, I went behind the tree and looked at her features.

She had red, bloodshot eyes that flashed from the moon's bright light. Her wolf's size were bigger and taller than mine.

As her eyes saw mine, I heard my wolf say "mate". I stood on my place in disbelief, I was rejected before and now I was given a second chance by the Moon Goddess. This time, I'll make sure I won't get rejected.

I stood in front of my mate when a wolf interrupted and said something that made my mate follow him without looking at me. A growl was starting to form on my chest.

will she reject us? follow her! my wolf ordered.

I followed them without being noticed, and by the time they came to a stop, the Hunters Pack have already attacked.

Before I went to fight with the others, I looked for my mate who was fighting other wolves.

Judging by her moves and skill, she seemed to be a great fighter and I'm sure she'll be a great luna of our pack.

As my attention focused on my mate, I noticed that Damian kept on looking at her and would try to move closer to her even though he was being attacked.

I moved Damian away from my mate and ordered him to patrol the borders. As soon as the wolves from the Hunters Pack saw me, they immediately retreated. I could feel that something's off.

I scanned the area in search for my mate and when I spotted her she was covered in blood. I was about to approach her when Alex, my third in command, mind linked me and told me that the Hunters Pack have managed to attack my pack.

They knew I was going to be here and attacked my pack while I was gone. This was just a mere distraction.

I mind linked Damian and my pack warriors to wait for me. I had no time to tell Alpha Albert that we were leaving, and I immediately went to the border to meet Damian and told him about the problem.

Even though I'm away from my pack, the enemies won't stand a chance against my guards. They're strong.

We left the cars and went to my pack in wolf form to travel faster.

We stopped near the border where I could see other wolves trying to get inside my pack while being outnumbered by my warriors.

I searched for their Alpha so that I could finish this war. Since the Alpha is their leader, finishing him first would quickly end all of this.