The Queen of Spades

Chapter - 21
===============

  Chapter - 21 ===============

Swadheenta 

I come back to the room and sit on the bed with my back facing the door.

Whatever happened I don't care, just look at the bangles it's so beautiful. I kept admiring them.

But I don't understand why she said that the food can be poisonous. Is she by any chance calling me a Nagin?

I scream and jump to the other side of the bed when I felt a hand on my shoulder I look up and found Rehan looking at me with a confused expression with his hand still in the air.

" Are you ok?" He asked sitting on the bed in front of me, I nodded placing a hand on my chest.

" You startled me"

" You must be feeling sad," he said softly and I raise my eyebrow but didn't say anything and let him continue.

" You made the food with so much heart and .." he pause for a second and look directly in my eyes " I know you're feeling bad but this is what happens here " he finished with a small smile.

I can digest that my mother-in-law called me Nagin but not the way he is behaving right now. He sounds like he cares for me.

" It's ok Rehan I didn't feel bad" I smiled at him.

" No you should" he took my hand between his hands, and my eyes widened at his gesture.

" Arrey, I'm fine and it's nice that everyone didn't eat the food" I snatch my hand from his grip.

" What! It means the food is really poisonous" his soft expression turned hard in seconds and he asked raising his voice.

" Woah, are you to call me a Nagin? " I narrowed my eyes at him " I didn't put poison in the food I was saying this because I don't know how to make food...."

" But it looks nice" he cut me off.

" Listen to me first then say," I said and he nodded.

"It looks nice because I decorated it nicely and it was not good because I put spices without any idea so it will give the colour and all," I said and he looks like he remember something.

" But you made food for me in Delhi," he asked.

" I only knew three things Daal, roti, chawal if you eat more than one time you'll get to know, " I said and the realisation hit him, he looks down at the floor.