𝟷𝟶 | ɪ ʙᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ

𝙸𝚣𝚊𝚗𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Her hanafuda earrings.

That was the first thing I noticed about her.

Besides her swollen eyes and damp cheeks, that symbol was one of the few the things that caught my eyes.

Inumaki Toga was one of the very few people I cherished the most, and the person I've been looking for my whole life.

The reason why I formed Tenjiku.

It was my fault. And I'm aware of that.

I promised to stay by her side no matter what. When Kokichi got diagnosed with the heavenly restriction, it was hard for both of us to see him suffering, and worse, it was hard when he pushed both of us away. Toga, Kokichi and I, We were a team. And without him, it always felt like something was missing

But when he showed up, it was like something filled that missing piece. When I met Sano Shinichiro, it changed my life. He was the person I looked up to, and when I found out he'll be adopting me, I couldn't be any happier. But then reality hit me so hard. Going with him means leaving Kyoto.

And leaving Kyoto, means leaving Toga.

My last day at the orphanage, I couldn't face her. Especially not after breaking that promise.

I told her I WILL NEVER leave. When I lost kokichi, I though I'm gonna lose her next.

But who would've though I'd be the one breaking that promise.

"Oi nii-san!" I heard a loud booming voice from behind, I don't know why I suddenly got annoyed. I've been dealing with this for too many years already.

"What do you want Mikey?" I boredly asked while flipping through the pages of my book. I heard his keys jangling loudly on purpose. I swear Mikey was born to annoy the shit out of me.

"I'm meeting with Toman and To-chin's gonna be there. Wanna come?" He asked while his head was poking on the door.

Like I said. Annoying. He never once shut up about her, be it whether To-chin barely talks but is very funny, To-chin's really pretty, To-chin this To-chin that. I'm sick of it.

"No thanks. Not interested." I'm not interested and will never be interested in Mikey's new friends. The only girl I've got my eyes on is Inumaki Toga. And thet will never change.

"Alright geez. Your loss." Mikey mumbled before leaving. I let out a deep sigh as I leaned back and placed the book over my face.

Back when I left, I couldn't muster up the courage to tell Toga I was getting adopted. I can't imagine the look on her face knowing I broke our promise. I know I couldn't take seeing her hurt. That was the last thing I wanted. So I tried leaving without telling her.

Tried.

The moment I got in our car, I felt a bit relieved when I didn't have to talk to her and see her in tears. But then, as I rolled down the car window, I saw her standing there.

I will never forget the look on her face when our eyes met. Disappointed. Sad. Abandoned.

Broken.

I wanted to get out of the car right then and then. I realized my mistake. I shouldn't have left her. I shouldn't have broken my promise. I should've told her everything. But not everything can be fixed right away. Because I left without saying goodbye.

"Izana."

I recognize that voice.

"Kakucho. Tell me you got something." I felt him go silent for a moment.

"The Haitani brothers found her."

Those simple words immediately turned my life around. She's here, in Tokyo. And apparently, she's not that far. I needed to know where she is right now, and most important thing, I need to make everything right with her.

• • •

Days have passed, and I only had one thing left to say to the trio.

Useless.

They already saw her. Talked to her. And yet, they're still running after her, always failing to bring her to me like I ordered them to. They couldn't even get her current address.

Pathetic.

"They said she's seen with Draken yesterday. They tried to be descreet so they didn't have any chance getting to her." My eyes immediately shot at the scarred man.

"What did you say?" Kakucho cleared his throat before repeating what he just said.

So Toman was acquainted with her? How? Why?

The least thing I want right now is for her to meet Mikey.

And why the hell was I informed just now?!

"Tell the trio that I'll deal with them later." I stated with a firm tone.

• • •

I let out a sharp sigh, wiping my jaw that had splattered with blood. Why do I always get stuck with idiots my whole life? What the hell did I do in my past life to deserve this?

Maybe it's karma for leaving her out in the cold.

A deep sigh once again escaped my lips.

What the hell do I do to get to you? Toga-chan?

It seemed like even though we're in the same city, were still that far apart.

Just I was about to grab the knob, the door suddenly opened, revealing a white haired figure I did not expect to see at all.

I've spent years finding her, most days I wanted to give up but I couldn't, my desperation didn't even pay off

because she's standing right infront of me. In my own home.

It was like time was frozen after we locked eyes at each other, both surprised and confused at the same time. Her features, changed.

Toga's white hair was now longer, her eyes more blank, yet she still has that high collared shirt that hides her snake and fangs seal. She's still mesmerizing as ever.

And she wasn't wearing it anymore.

Her Hanafuda earrings, didn't catch my vision.

I internally scoffed. Why would she? After all that has happened. Yet part of me still hoped.

I never thought after years of trying to find her, I'd be loss for words.

"Toga-chan," I noticed her flinch, yet she still gained her composure. Just as I was about to utter another word, she suddenly walked past me, not before bumping her shoulder against mine rather harshly.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I should've been in control of the situation, I knew she'd react like that.

But how was I supposed to know she'd be here.

"Izana, you know To-chin?" My ears rang upon hearing Mikey's words. To-chin?

Mikey always had a nickname to everyone he makes friends with. So To-chin....

.....was Inumaki Toga all along.

Izana, you idiot.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A/N: This was about to take a dark turn but I've decided......... I want this to be fluff. There will still be slight angst tho.

Also, sorry for not updating regularly......I'll do better.