77

Feng Yue was checking the perimeter when she felt it, the loud beating of her heart. She keeled over from the adrenaline rush, and she knew that something must have happened to Noah. 

She turned around and started to locate the whereabouts of her husband when she found him fighting a strange looking person wearing all white with no face. She could feel that this person was dangerous and very skillful, so she took out her Whip and started to attack. But Noah stopped her. Instead, he turned around and made a protective barrier between her and him.

"Wh– Noah! What are you doing???" She was confused and angry. He knew that she was capable of taking down that creepy white thing that floated in the air like some kind of a freak ghost. She did not understand why Noah locked her out of this.

"Stay there and find the kids, I'll deal with this…creature." Noah held his long hammer out and turned it over and over in his hands. There was an expression of a wild beast on his face that Feng Yue had only ever seen once. When he saved her and Feng Xue back in the alpha vampire's nest. And she knew how dire the situation must have been if he did not want her to join to fight. 

But that was absurd. Their powers were head to head, especially since she gave him her dragon and released his nephilim seals. Hell, he could even be stronger than her, but why did he decline her help? Was that something that he didn't want her to know?

She was pissed and the strange person seemed to sense it from the way he–or she–tilted their head in amusement.

"Yes, Morrigan, please leave, me and your… husband, have an unfinished business here." The strange person laughed, now in a high pitched giggly voice, like a little girl, and it was creepy as fuck since the mask practically made the face invisible.

Feng Yue was startled when the strange person called her Morrigan. The only ones who knew about her real identity other than her biological parents and friends, was only her father–the one who made her from the remnants of her mother's body–who turned out to be Jun Wu. If this person knew about her, then he–or she–must be sent by Jun Wu. And Jun Wu would not send a one person army, unless he was stronger than the Devourers. 

Those thoughts practically chilled her bones.

She heard whispers about the strange experiments Jun Wu did, but she and her brother did not have any access to find out about it. The only person who had access was only Jun Wu alone. 

It was said that Jun Wu created some kind of a new hybrid monster that would surely destroy everything and everyone. At first she thought that he created the chimera, but seeing how easily they beat those things off, she was not so sure anymore.

But this? This one exuded danger that even she could not ignore.

And strangely, that one smelled curiously like a Devourer. Mixed with everything else, but she was sure she could smell the Devourer gene, since it was the same as hers and her brother.

A scary thought suddenly came into her mind.

What if Jun Wu made more of the Devourers' children? 

There was no guarantee that he only made two. There was no one who could confirm that he only chopped Wei Wuxian's hands.

What if… what if he made more, and then enhanced them to the point of them being so inhuman, and he did not bother to give them face, or gender?

From the look of Noah's face, he definitely knew something, but he did not want her to know. But she had to know. She had to help him whether he liked it or not.

"Noah, open this barrier now or I'll just destroy it. You know what I'm capable of." She spoke to her husband with a cold, but worried tone. But Noah shook his head.

"Go find the kids and your parents. This is not something that you, nor I, could handle alone by ourselves." His voice was hard and gave no room for any further discussion. And there was some kind of finality in the way he spoke those words that scared Feng Yue.

Did he really think of sacrificing himself to protect everyone? 

"Ooh, Noah, I didn't know that you're such a martyr, but then again if your wife is as beautiful as Morrigan, I could definitely understand." The stranger's voice had changed toward a woman now, and Feng Yue could see the subtle change in her body toward woman. "Don't worry, Morrigan, off you go now, I will definitely take care of your husband. And by the way, just for your information, I could get pregnant, you know, unlike you." The person took off the mask to reveal a face that looked just like Feng Yue. "And I know just the best sperm donor to make the new generation of Devourer slash Nephilim babies."