daikokufuto race V

You all were interrupted by someone announcing on the speakers that the racers should line up and those who wanted to spectate should go up to the platform soon. Iwaizumi gave you a quick hug, rubbing the top of your back before hopping into his car and taking off to the start of the race.

Sooner or later, you, Oikawa, Kuroo, Kita, and Leia jogged up the stairs that connected the parking lot to the observer deck, leaning against the railing up on the spectator platform. It was busy on the deck—almost everyone from the meet including family and friends, car enthusiasts, and the members of the street racing gangs all crowded around just to get a view of the racers.

Leia got her own snacks, lightly munching away at the leftover onigiri and Kenma's favorite chips. Kuroo had his elbows on the railing and looked down at Kenma's GT86 rumbling against the starting line, giving the blond haired man a smirk and a Nekoma salute. Kita quietly smoked another cigarette in between his fingers, the filter resting on his bottom lip as he let out an exhale of smoke.

With your left hand placed on the railing, Oikawa rested his right hand on top, curling his fingers down to intertwine with yours. He gave you a reassuring smile, the cool wind bristling through his locks as the tail end of his white button up shirt flowed back. Leaning in, he quickly kissed your cheek, whispering "my love" into your ear before fixing his eyes back at the starting line.

Down below was the view of the racers, six cars all lined up at the start of the base. From descending order, first in line was Yuu Nishinoya, a.k.a. Rolling Thunder of the Karasuno Killers. He drove a modified 2000 blood orange Subaru Impreza, the night sky almost making it look red in color. His nickname derived from the loud popping noises erupting whenever he revved his engine, the fuel burning out of his exhaust sounding like thunder every time.

Second in line was Iwaizumi himself in his 2006 white Subaru WRX. You could see him through his slightly tinted windshield, grasping the top of his wheel tightly with his right hand as he revved his engine, the loud revolutions of the motors churning underneath the hood of his car. A scowl was placed firmly across his face; you weren't sure if it was from his determination to win the race, or his anger at Oikawa for making him participate.

Atsumu and Osamu Miya, a.k.a. Thrasher and Ghost of the Inarizaki Bois were directly in the middle, each one having the same sleek black 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R 34—no one ever knowing who was who in which car. The only difference was a small sticker labeled "Cobb Tuning" laid across the side skirt of Atsumu's car—a souvenir from a famous American Tune shop that specializes in GT-R Skylines.

Kenma stood second to last on the line descending down, his red 2015 Toyota GT86, the newest—and dare say best looking—car out of all the racers. A street light shined underneath Kenma's car, revealing him wearing black shades despite the moon shining up in the night. You wondered if it was a Nekoma Crew thing; wearing black sunglasses in the dark. You thought it seemed contradictory, but nonetheless they always looked effortless and unbothered while wearing them.

Last but not least was Satori Tendou, a.k.a. the Red Devil of the infamous Shiratorizawa Saints. His 1999 red Nissan 240SX rumbled along with the wheels, the body of his car lowered close to the ground. Tendou was well-known for being the Shiratorizawa Saints' second best racer, right after Ushijima himself.

He was also comparable to Iwaizumi; an excellent mechanic and a very skilled racer. Red Devil derived from his spiky red hair and the monstrous power his engine held—but it wasn't until Ushijima went missing awhile back where people started to develop a new meaning to his nickname, the Red Devil who made the Saint disappear.

All of the racers revved their engines, the sound booming throughout the air as the people of the spectator platform from above and down below on the sidewalk cheered. The flagger was a woman with black hair and glasses in an orange tube top and black booty shorts, her long thigh-high boots clicking against the concrete as she walked up to the middle of the street.