daikokufuto race VI

Your heart dropped down to the pit of your stomach the moment Iwaizumi's car flipped over. The air felt dense, making it hard to breath as your eyes diligently watched the wheels fly out, the body of his car tumbling against the asphalt as he crashed into the barrier of the street. Your pupils constricted, not a muscle in your body moving as a painful chill ran down your spine, almost making you feel sick to your stomach. No thoughts in your mind processed through as you were left in complete shock, peering down at the WRX utterly wrecked with glass shattered all over the road.

The crowd behind you screamed as his car collided with the barrier, the shrill noise of their panic piercing through your ears while the boom of the crash erupted from down below. Time slowed down for you, but it wasn't the same way you would have expected it to.

It felt like everyone around you disappeared, your surroundings completely dissipating into an abstract empty bright white room, no quantum definitive measurement of how long it stretched. You tried your best to move a muscle as your eyes looked down at your hands, waiting for it to start trembling.

Kita stopped breathing for a second, holding in the smoke within his lungs as he dropped the cigarette from his fingers onto the ground below. Only shock ran through his body as he reflected on the situation; Kita never once witnessed Atsumu cause a crash before. Usually, their Quick Attack only ever damaged the side of their targets' cars—never intending to flip them completely over and collide with the road barriers. His jaw hung low as a trail of smoke escaped his mouth, his hand still in the same position as when had a cigarette in between his fingers.

Kenma's eyes widened, watching the whole thing unveil. Stepping on the accelerator, he immediately zoomed past Iwazumi's wrecked car, instantly drifting in a half moon circle as smoke erupted from his exhaust. His vehicle swiftly parked parallel to the middle barrier of the road, the front end of his GT86 perpendicular to the crash site. He gasped abruptly, seeing the accident and Iwaizumi's body hanging upside down in his car up close felt all too real for him.

"INDIGO!" Kenma screamed, quickly shifting his car in first gear before pulling up the e-brake. He didn't even take his keys out of the engine before swinging his door open and rushing straight to Iwaizumi, discarding his black sunglasses over his shoulder.

Blood quickly rushed through his veins as he looked underneath the car, Iwaizumi's unconscious body upside down in his seat with his hands hanging below his head. All the windows were shattered over the concrete, glass shards displaced in a scattered and random pattern. Kenma didn't care if he injured himself while crawling down onto his knees, pulling Iwaizumi out from under the driver's seat. A pain winced through his forearm as a large metal scrap protruded out from the side of the window, piercing through his skin as he dragged out his body.

"Fuck! Indigo, hang in there!" Kenma pleaded, his hands placed underneath Iwaizumi's armpits. Blood was scattered all over his face and clothes, soot and dirt plastered all on the right side of his cheeks. He dropped down onto his knees as he cradled Iwaizumi's head onto his lap, leaning his ear down to his busted lip. Kenma couldn't tell if he was breathing.

He placed two fingers to the right side of his jugular vein, feeling Iwaizumi's carotid artery pulse against the tips of his fingers. Taking in a huge breath of air, tears formed in the corner of his eyes. He shot his head back up, peering straight into the observer's deck. Locking eyes with Kuroo, Kenma's pupils constricted—a panicked and anguished expression formed on his face as he let out the loudest scream possible.

"CALL AN AMBULANCE, FUCKING DAMN IT!"

The crowd behind you screamed, running in all sorts of directions—back to their cars to avoid law enforcement, scrambling to find their friends and family or quickly dialing the 119 emergency number. Kuroo quickly took out his phone, his fingers stumbling to press down on the pads. Kita exhaled the smoke from his lungs, coughing profusely as tears formed from the corner of his eyes. Leia and Oikawa held you close on either side, checking to see if you were okay.