i looked down at my phone and saw the time was 11:34pm. i was having a really good night. i felt good too. the vibes that was in the room were immaculate.  i felt at home.

" hey tay. " millie said sitting next to me. " do you think you could sing a little something for us? "

i could use the practice..

" yeah sure i don't mind. what should i sing? " i asked.

please don't say the first one. please don't say the first one.

" how about the first one you wrote? i saw the date it's around 3 years old. " millie says with a a hopeful smile.

flashback

" i'm sorry that happened taylor. you didn't deserve that. " finn said hugging me. " he's a piece of shit. he doesn't deserve your tears. " finn adds using his finger to lift my chin up to look at him.

i don't even cry in front of people. but there's only so much a heart can take. what parker did to me was the cherry on top. i didn't know he was a cheater and 100% a liar.

" everything he said to me was a lie. he never meant any of it. am i hard to love? " i cried into finn's shoulder.

" no your not. you just need someone who understands you and has a lot of patience. someone who can love your flaws. parker just wasn't the one. i'm sorry taylor. " finn says leaning his head on mine.

he was the only one there for me. he's the only one i ever told the truth to.

" taylor? " millie says laughing. " you zoned out again. "

" right sorry, i was trying to remember the lines of that song. " i reply quickly hoping she'd believe my lie.

after my breakup, i ripped all of the pages out of my lyric book about my ex. during that time, i started to develop a crush for finn, because he was the only one there for me and really understood me. that first song was about him and she wanted me to sing it to everyone. not even finn knows about this song.

" when should i start? " i ask finishing my cup.

" is now the right time? i were all here now. "

" yup perfect. " i fake smile and walk up.

millie tells everyone the plan and now all eyes were on me.

" there can be one only you and i
and baby god could never make two,
and i know you came here with your crew
but i promise you that it feels like it's just us two.
oh i don't know what you had planned to do tonight,
but i just wanna be the one to do you right, right
and we're standing here looking at each other baby eye to eye- "

my eyes are suddenly drawn to finn's & we share strong eye contact for a while, unnoticed.

" and i'm hoping that you thinking bout leaving with me tonight.
who said you can't find love in the club?
cause i wanna tell them they wrong
come on, just baby, try a new thing
and let's spark a new flame.
you gon be my baby
love me, love you crazy
tell me if your wit it , baby come and get it.
try and new thing
and let's spark a new flame. "