First Day

I stared at the Pizza Plex in awe, this was the next step to being discovered, or probably not, but this gig was going to get me out there. I walked in and waved at the security guard, Vanessa, we had met at my orientation. I was nervous when it came to meeting my fellow bandmates, heading into practice was terrifying. I stood before the doors, music blaring even with them closed. I took a deep breath and then walked in, they didn't notice me at first. I watched as the band continued their set, until Monty noticed me.

"Wait, who's the babe?" Monty's question echoed as everyone stopped playing and looked at me.

"Hi!" I waved and smiled. They came down from the stage, Monty was the first to reach his hand out to me, I took his hand and he shook it harshly. "I'm (Y/N), your new band mate?"

"Well babe, I'm Monty, blondie is Chica, stone cold bitch is Roxanne, and the big tall idiot is Freddy." The red head chuckled. Chica waved excitedly, Roxanne just growled and sneered at Monty.

"Hello (Y/N)." Freddy smiled and waved.

"So what are you working on? I see they haven't brought my drum-set up yet." I motioned to the stage.

"We've been missing a drummer!" Chica said excitedly.

"I sing too, but mainly I play the drums." I blushed.

"Come on, I'll show you the sheet music." Freddy gestured for me to follow and I did so. "We don't really use it much because we perform all day, but you'll learn it super quick!" Freddy smiled again, it was really adorable. "Oh and you can sing with Roxy today, so we can get a feel for your voice."

"Are you kidding Freddy?" Roxanne growled.

"It's fine Freddy, I can just sit back and watch you guys besides, I already know most of the songs." I blushed and rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.

"Oh, an overachiever? Me too superstar, you can sing with me!" Freddy chuckled and led me to the stage.

The rest of the band settled into their spots, the song began to play and I looked at Freddy. "You've got to be kidding me."

"It's a fan favorite." Freddy shrugged and handed me a microphone. I tried to stifle my laughter as Freddy sang.

"We're no strangers to love." Freddy flashed a goofy smile at me and then pointed to indicate it was my turn.

"You know the rules and so do I, a full commitment's what I'm thinking of." I sang out.

"You wouldn't get this from any other guy." Freddy winked at me.

"I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling." I acted surprised at his wink.

"Gotta make you understand." Freddy suddenly grabbed my arm and spun me around. We sang the chorus together.

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you." Freddy dipped me as we sang. He released me and I slowly backed away. "Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye." He grabbed my hand and pulled me in again. "Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you." Vanessa suddenly barged in and everyone stopped playing.

"Practice time is over everyone, either head to your rooms or head home before the doors lock for the night!" Freddy and I looked at each other for a second, both of us blushing. He slowly let me go and I attempted to change the subject.

"You guys have rooms here?" I asked.

"Yeah, want to visit mine?" Monty smirked.

"Monty shut up," Freddy growled, " We have our own little apartments here, they probably haven't set yours up yet."

"You can stay at mine! I'd love some company." Chica exclaimed, Roxy scoffed at this.

"Oh thanks, but I think my cat would miss me too much." I laughed nervously and waved to the band, "I'll see you guys tomorrow." Everyone wished me a goodnight and I sighed as I left the Pizza Plex.

Song Mentioned ; Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley