Chapter 21

Everyone in the Chowdhury house's living room was utterly shocked when Habiba's most probably mother-in-law shouted out of the blue

Everyone in the Chowdhury house's living room was utterly shocked when Habiba's most probably mother-in-law shouted out of the blue. And that too calling something like 'Ibu' that no one presented there, had any idea about her shriek except Mr. Ibtyaj.

On the other hand, Mr. Ibtyaj was as shocked as his wife to care about calming his wife. He was rooted on his spot and he swore he could hear his heart thumping loud enough to aware everyone in that room. The volcano was swirling inside him and sweat began to form in his forehead. He could feel his body shaking slightly too.

All eyes were on Shahnaz Begum and a pin-drop silence existed in their surroundings until the loud yelp left Zayn's mouth when Shahnaz Begum ran towards their way and tried to snatch the already frightened baby who had to witness Shahnaz Begum's shouting earlier.

That seemed to bring everyone out of their state of shock especially Mr. Ibtyaj who ran quickly and got a hold of his wife who wasn't helping much in that.

It was a source of consternation for Habiba witnessing the scene in front of her. Habiba quickly shielded her wailing baby and backed away from the loudly wailing women then. If she wasn't wearing branded clothes and jewelry and didn't look decent earlier Habiba would've thought of her as a madwoman by viewing her crazy acts.

"Shanu, calm down." Mr. Ibtyaj was trying hard to keep his wife in place who was trying to bawl towards Habiba.

It was becoming hard for Mr. Ibtyaj who had to shout for the sake of his wife who seemed to have gone crazy.

"CALM DOWN, SHAHNAZ," Mr. Ibtyaj shouted which worked as Shahnaz Begum stopped her crying and turned towards her husband hearing him shouting her full name which he only did when he's angry or irritated.

"Hashim, My Ibu." The broken face on her shattered his inside and the epitome of a sturdy man like Hasim Ibtyaj who hated to show his vulnerable sight in public cried.

He cried, teras after tears fall from his cold blue eyes and vanished in his beard, his broad shoulder shook with every of his sob which shocked everyone in the room. He hugged his wife and cried with her until she broke the hug and cupped his face.

"Don't tell me it's a dream again, Hashim. Wallahi I'm seeing my Ibu." She, again and again, turned her broken eyes on the far corner of the room where Habiba was standing crying herself with her baby hiding in the crook of her neck.

"My Ibu. After 34 years." She tried to imitate the numbers showing 3 and 4 fingers from both of her hands.

"Shh...Calm down, Shanu. Have a sit." Mr. Ibtyaj, who had controlled his crying in a minute tried to sit her wife on the nearby couch but failed when she didn't budge from his spot.

"My Ibu, Hashim. My Ibu." Her painful whisper reached everyone's ear until the rest of them except the crying couple ran towards them when they saw her falling from her husband's arm. Shahnaaz Begum fainted and her husband quickly hold her tightly, protecting her from crashing her head on the hard floor.