Chapter 161 - DNA Paternity Test!!

Mrs. Anderson’s irritation calmed down when she saw how calm and collected Nora was.

She asked, “Do you have a way of dealing with them, Nora?”

Nora nodded. She sat calmly beside her, picked up her cell phone, and checked the time.

Lily should have already received the hair samples by now and was likely doing the DNA comparisons at the moment.

She sent a text message to Lily and told her to send the results immediately after they were out. After sending the message, she exited the chat app and opened Roxanne’s live-stream.

The corners of her lips curled upward at once and she started to read the comments in the live-stream with relish.

She laughed as she read. It was as if she wasn’t the one being called shameless, materialistic, and a leech.

Mrs. Anderson, “?”

The elderly lady watched the girl sitting in front of her. She was ridiculously calm and collected as if she didn’t take the hurtful words on the Internet seriously at all!

Or perhaps it was because that family had hurt her so much since she was a child that she didn’t care anymore?

While Mrs. Anderson was thinking about it, she suddenly heard Nora’s cell phone ring—Lily had called.

“Anti, the DNA test results are out! The results are pretty surprising!”

Surprising?

Could it be that she was Henry’s daughter while Angela wasn’t?

Nora raised her eyebrows. Lily said, “I’ve emailed you the results.”

“Okay.”

Nora opened her email inbox after she hung up.

She raised her brows when she saw the two DNA paternity test reports.

Tsk.

They were in for a good show later!

She waved her phone at Mrs. Anderson and said leisurely, “I’ll go over for a sec, Grandma.”

Afraid that she would be attacked, Mrs. Anderson also got up shakily with her walking stick as support and followed behind Nora.

As soon as the two of them went out, they saw Henry and Wendy holding each other’s hands like a pair of star-crossed lovers. There were tears in their eyes.

Wendy said, “Back then, Nora’s mother never mentioned anything about your family, so we didn’t know. After she died, Nora needed someone to take care of her. That’s why I married Henry…”

Henry, who had a look of resignation on his face, looked at Wendy and said to Simon, “Simon, I know all of you are treating me this way because you’re unhappy that I remarried, but a man like me really can’t take care of a baby well by himself… Especially when Nora is so frail and sickly. We still remember that one time when Nora fell ill. Late at night, I piggybacked her and walked for so long in the rain before I finally managed to stop a car and take her to the hospital. Wendy also put aside her own child and went to the hospital. In the end, my second daughter was so hungry at home that she tried to cook something to eat and ended up scalding her thigh…”

Wendy started to cry again. “Yes, I felt especially sad and guilty at that time that I cried for a really long while.”

Nora paused in her footsteps.

She let out an icy scoff. Henry’s lies simply came so easily. He had gotten the protagonists the other way round, though?

Back then, it was obviously that family of three who went out on a holiday trip and locked her up at home. Although she was only five at that time, she had already become very calm and steady.