Chapter 172 - A Discovery

Henry had done some illegal business in California over the years. Although he had made a loss in the end, it was a fact that he had broken the law.

Should Wendy really report him, Henry would have to go to jail!

Henry was successfully deterred.

Wendy then said, “We were married for so many years, after all, so I didn’t just leave you with nothing. There is a small bag in the left pocket of the suitcase with your ID card and $30,000 in it. You can take that as my way of paying homage to our friendship during all these years.”

Henry panicked. He shouted into the phone, “Get off the plane, Wendy! Get off the plane now! I want to see you! You can’t just leave me behind!”

His eyes were red, and he suddenly found himself in a total panic.

Never had he thought that he would end up betrayed and abandoned at midlife…

His voice choked as he said into the phone, “Wendy! Wendy, I was wrong. I shouldn’t have made those mistakes when I was young. I’ve really realized how wrong I was. Come back to me! Come back!”

Wendy’s voice was very soft but determined. She said, “The plane is about to take off, Henry. Goodbye.”

She hung up on him right away after saying that.

Henry stared at his phone and frantically called her back, but all he could hear on the phone was “The person you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please try again later.”

Henry then rushed over to the side. Through the windows, he was just in time to see the plane bound for California taking off…

How he wished he could go through the glass and jump right into that plane!

Wendy had taken care of him and taken charge of everything at home all these years. Henry had always thought that the woman loved him.

After all, back when he made the deal with Yvette in his youth, he actually had a girlfriend. However, for the sake of wealth and glory, he had made Wendy wait for him.

Yvette had said that she didn’t want someone with a girlfriend because she was afraid that it would set them back in life.

Thus, he had never made any mention of Wendy.

But Wendy didn’t want him anymore…

This wasn’t just physical abandonment but also spiritual betrayal!

Henry flung himself onto the window and cried his heart out like a child who had lost his way home.

No, he absolutely mustn’t let Wendy off just like that. With his ID and bank card in hand, he ran to the counter to buy a ticket for the next flight to California, so that he could go after her.

However, the tickets for the earliest flight were sold out.

While Henry was panicking, someone walked over from the side and asked, “Are you looking for a ticket for the flight that departs in an hour? I have one here.”

Henry was taken aback.

The man said, “I’ve booked one. Let’s go online later. If you book the ticket immediately after I cancel it, you’ll be able to buy it…”

Wendy had always been the one who booked the flight tickets whenever they went out of the city, so he wasn’t clear about details like these. This made him believe what the man said, without thinking twice.

The two went to the bathroom and busied themselves on their phones for a while inside. A hesitant Henry asked, “Does this mean I’ve successfully booked the ticket?”