Chapter 175 - Life Is Too Dangerous!

The man in the black hoodie was in charge of carrying out the Smiths’ shady dealings. He led a small team that consisted of a few people.

The Smiths provided for him while he took care of things for them at critical moments.

His name was Quentin Smith, and he was a member of the Smith family.

He had never failed in any of the various tasks that he had undertaken so far and was basically very reliable.

Although Ian’s request was a simple one, Joel had always regarded him as someone who was even more important than his father. Thus, he had tasked Quentin with the mission despite it being just a simple one.

He’d originally thought that it would be done in just a few hours, but unexpectedly, a whole day had already passed, yet he hadn’t received any news yet. Suspecting that Quentin had forgotten to inform him after he completed the task, he specially summoned him back to ask him about it.

Quentin’s head was lowered, and his entire face was buried in darkness. His voice was low as he replied, “Sorry, I haven’t gotten it yet.”

Joel was a little surprised.

He didn’t quite understand. There were many ways to retrieve a person’s DNA sample.

For example, there might be saliva on the target’s cutlery during meals, or they could also catch the target off-guard and pluck a few strands of hair from her head. If all else failed, they could also retrieve some skin tissue…

Quentin was a ruthless man. Surely his heart didn’t soften just because his target was a beauty, right?

Joel frowned. He was about to ask when Quentin scratched his head. He looked a little pained as he said, “I have never seen a woman who’s such a shut-in like her.”

Quentin looked at Joel. He sounded aggrieved as he said, “I’ve been watching her for a day and a night. During this time, she ate a meal and slept for 24 hours! She always washes the dishes immediately after she eats. I can hardly even find her fingerprints in the Andersons’, let alone retrieve her DNA sample!”

An indignant Quentin went on. “Her water glass is placed right on her bedside table, right? Surely there will be saliva on it, right? But no, there isn’t! She cleans the glass even if she only takes a single sip. Is she really a woman?”

It was only when Quentin looked up that Joel finally noticed the dark circles under his eyes. He obviously hadn’t slept a wink for 24 hours, but in spite of that, he said exceptionally energetically, “Don’t worry, I will continue to watch her even if I don’t eat or drink. I don’t believe she can coop herself up at home for a whole month.”

“… Did you sneak into the Andersons’?” asked Joel.

“Yeah, I did.” Quentin nodded.

Joel frowned. “Did they discover you?”

He just wanted a DNA test done secretly. He didn’t want to make enemies with the Andersons.

Quentin shook his head. “I’m confident enough in that, at least. My footsteps are light, and I bring my equipment wherever I go. There won’t be any traces left behind.”

Joel nodded. Then, he turned and started to walk out of the room.

“Where are you going?” asked Quentin.

“To send my daughter to school.”

At the Andersons’.

Nora stretched after she woke up. Then, she shuffled out of her bedroom leisurely. When she was exiting the room, her eyes flickered a little and she looked at the door.