Chapter 177 - Do You Know Who She Is?

Both Tina and Michael were stunned the moment she said that.

Tina looked at her incredulously. “Are you still planning to take part in it when you aren’t even on the list? How are you going to do that?”

She glanced at the direction Nora was heading—it was Director Shaw’s office—and she said, “Are you planning to pester Director Shaw again? Do you…”

When she noticed that Michael was still next to Nora, she swallowed back down the words ‘have any shame or not’. Tina balled up her fists tightly and changed what she wanted to say. She said, “… You’re putting Director Shaw in a really tight spot if you do that. Everyone already knows the list of participants, Ms. Smith. Except for Anti, no one has the right to modify it. Director Shaw is a man of principles and is well-respected in school. If he bends the rules because of you, I’m really afraid that his reputation would end up in shambles in his twilight years…”

She glanced at Michael after she spoke—sure enough, the man was frowning. Then, she heaved a sigh and said, “I know it’s useless no matter how much more I say, but I just want everyone to be okay. It’s better to not be so insistent on some things, Ms. Smith. I’ll go first.”

She turned and left after that.

But before she even reached the corner, she heard Michael’s cold and stiff voice. He said, “There is no lack of doctors who want to take part in Anti’s operation, Ms. Smith. What one should rely on is their capabilities, not their connections!”

Tina lowered her gaze and left with peace of mind.

Michael was the student that Director Shaw was the proudest of. Additionally, they were also related in another way—Director Shaw had already decided on Michael as his son-in-law. Thus, he had a huge say, be it in the school or with Director Shaw.

Her words might not work, but Michael’s surely would!

So, Nora wanted to take part in Anti’s operation this time? Heh, no way!

It would be her turn to envy her this time, no matter what!

Tina left with confidence.

Michael’s gaze was fixed on Nora.

He’d always had only admiration for every decision that his mentor made because Director Shaw was a true doctor.

‘Doctors should be benevolent’—Director Shaw was a true reflection of these words.

Many people had given up on the child because his condition was too difficult, and there were too many uncertainties involved—after all, he was still in the growth and development phase.

Yet, Director Shaw had taken it on and was even willing to stake his life’s reputation on it.

After all, should the operation fail, his record of never failing a single operation in his life would be broken.

Michael entered Director Shaw’s office immediately after he spoke.

Nora followed him at the back. She sat on the sofa and looked around leisurely after she entered the office. Michael poured her a glass of water. Then, he sat in front of her and said, “I know you have powerful connections, Ms. Smith. That’s why Mr. Shaw treats you with great respect. However, I’d still advise you to give up on joining the operation!”

Michael said in persuasion, “There are a lot of people watching the operation this time. On top of that, there would also be reporters, so the operation is of great importance. The list of participants has gone through several layers of screening. If anyone is found to have tampered with it, Mr. Shaw would have to take responsibility for it!”