15

The years have gone by. Today was Dolores gift ceremony. She was always a curious child and wanted to know everything.
It was already evening and I stood next to Louisa and Isabela. When she touched the door it shinned bright. She had to gift to hear everything. Well almost everything. She looked so happy. We walked in her room. In was beautiful and big. We walked outside again and celebrated. Bruno was also there and just watched me while I was playing with his nieces.

~from Bruno's perspective~

She looks so beautiful. Why did I do that? But now it's too late. I can't fix it anymore. She hates me. These children she is playing with right now could be our children but I screwed up everything. I want to dance with her and after that go for a walk with her again and be in the forest and cuddle with her and feel her lips on mine again. I miss the feeling of her soft lips on mine and the little laugh she gave me after we kissed and the hugs we had when I brought her home. I just miss her. Why haven't I just told my mother when I had the chance to but now Y/N won't even look at me. I have to go outside.

~from Y/N's perspective~

He walked outside.
"I want to go to tío Bruno!", Dolores and her cousins screamed.
"Okay, let's go outside then.", I said and took their hands. They were giggeling. Bruno turned around to face us. When he saw me he froze. He looked me deep in the eyes and blushed. He didn't say anything. He just stared.
"The girls wanted to go to their tío.", I said and smiled at them. Bruno looked at them and kneeled down so he would be at the same height as them. Louisa was 8 years old now, Isabella was 6 and Dolores was 5.
"I'm so proud of you, Dolores.", he said and put his hands on her shoulders.
"Thank you, tío Bruno.", she said and hugged him. He hugged her back. She looked so tiny while she was hugging him. She got back to me.
"Can we go inside now?", Dolores said.
"Sure.", I said. The girls ran inside.

"Y/N! Wait!", Bruno said and grabbed my hand. I turned around.
"I'm sorry. I-", he said and looked in my eyes. He was so nervous.
"What's wrong?", I asked and walked closer to him.
"I was wrong. I'm so sorry. But we still can't tell her. Over the years she started to not like me anymore.", he said.
"What do you meam with 'not like me anymore'? She's your mother. Of corse she likes you.", I said.
"Then why doesn't she show it to me. She never does.", he said. He was so sad. I just wanted to hug him. So I did. He didn't return it but he placed his face in my shoulder. I stroked his head. I missed the feeling of his fluffy curly hair in my hands. I just missed him.

He got away from me.
"I have a idea. What if we are just friends?", Bruno asked.
Just friends? I don't want to be just friends. I want to be with you Bruno! I want to spend my life with you as your partner. Not as your friend. I want to hold your hand and kiss you and call you mine.
"Okay.", I said with a fake smile.

We walked inside too. There was music playing.
"Do you want to dance with me?", he asked and offered me his hand. I nodded.
After we danced I had to go home.
"Should I bring you home?", he asked.
"Sure, if you want to.", I said.

We walked slowly. We were quiet. But not in a good way.
"So now we are friends.", he said.
"Yep.", I said and chuckled.
"Do you think this will work?", he asked.
"I don't know.", I said.
"Why?", he asked.
"Because I don't want to be friends with you.", I said.
"What?", he said confused and sad.
"Yes. I don't want to be your friend. I want to be your partner. That's all I've ever wanted.", I said. He looked so sad.
"I didn't fall in love with you because I needed you or that I wanted someone to hold or that I needed you to make me feel loved. I fell in love with you because the moment I met you everthing stopped. The sounds around us were all muted and all I could hear was your voice. And everytime I stared into your eyes I felt home. And I had no other thought in he world but how do I make you happy for the rest of your life. Because you were already doing so much for me and you didn't even know it. But as time went on you slowly started to drift away and the worst part of it was I knew I couldn't do anything to stop it from happening. You were gone. But you will always have a place in my heart whether I like it or not. Because I've never felt love like the way I felt it with you. Even if it ended up breaking my heart.", I said while tears were rolling down my face. He started sobbing. He didn't say anything. He just looked into my eyes and cried. I started looking away and walking home. He just stood there and did nothing.
I went home and laid in my bed. I cried myself to sleep.

~from Bruno's perspective~

Y/N started to walk away. I wanted to say something or do something but I couldn't. I was frozen. When she was almost at home I got into the casita and walked to the kitchen. I sat down and cried. I heard someone coming. It was Julieta.
"Bruno? What happend?", she asked and sat down next to me.
"I screwed up everything, Julieta. Y/N and I were not just friends in the past as you might know. And I loved her. And I still do. But I told her we shouldn't see each other. I said it to her two times. And all of that because of mama. She told me the first time and the secound time I did it to protect Y/N and today she confesed her feelings to me after I told her we could be friends even though I know she wants to be more and I want to be more too. I want to be her partner. I want to be there for her when she cries or when she needs help but now I'm the reason why she is crying and that is not the first time. And when she told me how she really feels I just stood there and did nothing. I'm such a monster.", I said.
"You are not a monster. Why don't you just tell mama?", she asked.
"Y/N asked me that too and I said no because I know how it would end up because she doesn't love me like she loves you and Pepa.", I said. Julieta hugged me. After that I walked into my room and just laid in my bed. And talked to the rats.