19| Team

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Team

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 19: Team (Emilia's POV)

The constant buzzing of my phone with the sound of my alarm ringing stirred me awake. I groaned softly, blindly following the sound and reaching for the nightstand, feeling around until the cold screen on my phone touched my fingers and I guessed where the 'stop' button to the alarm would be, shutting it off. 

The alarm I set for today was a bit later than usual since we weren't going anywhere in the morning and I wasn't in the mood to wake up for breakfast. It was only after lunchtime that we'd be heading to the beach. I didn't want to wake up when my alarm rang but I had to get ready and go and have something to eat too. 

I rolled over, expecting the bed to be empty. I mean, just because I slept in doesn't mean Adam would, so I thought he would have left, but when I rolled over and opened my eyes, stretching a bit, I realized he wasn't gone, he was sleeping right there. With his arm draped over my waist. With my leg thrown over his. My eyes widened and I froze, staring at him. 

He was still fast asleep but he was also beginning to stir from the sound of my alarm. 

Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no. No, no, no. 

I breathed in as softly as I could and slowly eased my leg away from his, pulling it back to my side of the bed. 

What the hell happened to our pillow barrier? Oh... My... head is on it. 

I scooted back but stiffened when he hummed in his sleep and moved forward, tightening his hold on me. I let out a small squeal but stopped myself quickly, pulling my lips together and closing my eyes. I waited a couple of seconds before reaching down and taking a hold of his wrist. 

He took in a soft breath and I glanced up at his face, seeing his eyes slowly open. I let go of his wrist almost immediately and pulled my hands away from him. He blinked once, his eyes locked in place with mine. We both just stared at each other in silence for a while, not knowing what exactly to do or say. 

Then I didn't hesitate to kick him in his thigh. "I said not to cross the barrier." 

He rolled his eyes and pulled his hands away, rolling onto his back. "You're the one who crossed it first. Not me," he mumbled sleepily, his voice coming out raspy and hoarse. 

"What?" I mumbled, moving away from him and sitting up. 

"You threw your hand over to me last night and when I tried pushing it away, you weren't letting me go." 

"Please, as if I'd believe that," I scoffed. 

"Well, you should because it's exactly what you did." 

"Whatever. That still doesn't mean you can just... grab me or whatever." 

"I didn't grab you." 

"You put an arm around me!" 

"You put a leg around me," he replied mockingly. "It's not such a big deal," he said, rubbing his eyes with the heels of his palms. "It's not like it hasn't happened before," he added, sitting up slowly.