Anything for family

*Trigger warning: This chapter contains non-consensual sexual abuse*

💗Please COMMENT & VOTE💗

It had been three days since Jackson was admitted in the hospital and Jace had been spending all his time trying to get the money required for Jackson's surgery. When his colleague, Riley had called and told him that their boss, Vincent Bowen was planning on replacing him, Jace rushed to the restaurant, hoping to convince his boss not to fire him.

"Sir, please try to understand me, my brother is not well. He has a brain tumor and the doctor said they needed to perform the surgery in less than a month" Jace explained to his boss.

Vince let out a derisive laugh. "And you want me to believe that?"

"Sir, I swear I'm telling the truth" Jace replied earnestly.

"Oh, you're telling the truth? How did I not know that?" Vince spoke sarcastically.

"Sir, why would I want to lie about something like this? Please believe me, sir. Please give me a week's time and I promise I will...."

"No way, Norman! First your so-called daughter falls sick and now your brother is not well? Do you think I'm stupid to believe your pathetic lies?" Vince growled at his employee.

Jace shook his head. "No, sir, I am telling the truth. My daughter did fall sick last month and...and Jackson is in the hospital right now. Please sir, I'm sorry for not coming to work this past few days but I did inform you...."

"You're nothing but a liar, Norman. And I wouldn't put it past you to use such absurd excuses to get out of doing your work" Vince accused him, giving him a dirty look.

"Sir, please don't say like that, I would never...."

Vince held up his hand. "I don't want to talk about this anymore and I certainly don't have the patience to listen to your ridiculous lies. Now, stop wasting my time and get out of this place. You're fired!" Vince said with finality.

"Sir, I'm begging you. Please don't fire me, I really need this job. My kids...." Tears formed in his eyes as he looked at the haughty man, pleadingly.

"I said I don't fucking care about that! Now, get the fuck out of this restaurant!" He barked at him.

Jace hung his head in defeat, tears rolling down his cheeks as he turned back and left the place. He didn't know what he was going to do.

How was he going to provide for his family and save his brother when he has no job or money?

The next morning, he started searching for a job and was disappointed to find out that none of them were willing to hire him.

"I'm sorry mister, we already have enough people to serve our customers so you can leave" One of the hotel managers had said to him.

Jace got on his knees in begging motion as he pleaded with the man. "Please sir, I really need a job to support my family. Even if you don't hire me as a waiter, I will clean your toilet, mop your floors or anything else you want me to do. Please sir, I'm begging you"

Seeing the pathetic and helpless state of Jace, the man took pity on him and hired him as a cleaning staff.

Even though he was required to put in long shifts for very little pay, Jace was so thankful that they at least gave him a job.

Over the next couple of weeks, Jace tried his best to gather money for his brother's surgery. He even reached out to his parent's old friends, Mr. and Mrs. Fernandes who were able to lend him ten thousand dollars. His neighbours, Mr. and Mrs. Barnes lent him another ten thousand dollars while his friends and colleagues managed to pool twenty thousand dollars but it was no where near to the amount of money he was supposed to gather.