42

Today is my birthday (1/19) so fill this up with comments and votes if you love me mwuah 💋

It's a number chapter YALL know I love dramatics 😘

(1/31) I tested positive for covid... but enjoy the chapter lovelies!!!

Saint

: young and beautiful (lana del rey)

Lucille Black is a fucking liar.

She looked me in the eyes and lied right to my face.

I could not necessarily blame her. I supposed it's a ludicrous request to ask your girlfriend of one day to murder you, but still.

I felt guilty.

Making Luci promise something like during a moment so intimate was wrong of me, I know. But there was no way I was going to let her die.

The option of her killing a council member- hopefully Charlie- was still up in the air, but I knew it wasn't an option we could rely on.

The only angel who'd be the easiest to kill would be me.

Simply because I would let her.

Throughout the last few days, I had contemplated if I was suicidal. I mean who offers their life so easily without any contest? Surely I must have been sick.

But as I looked at Luci who was now cradled in my lap, I knew I wasn't sick.

I was just in love.

"You're being awfully quiet," she said. "Are you okay, angel?"

Luci was a breath of fresh air. Always bringing me back when my mind had wandered somewhere.

I pushed her hair away from her face and pulled her body closer to my chest.

"Is that your new nickname for me?" I asked.

She clung to the collar of my shirt and nodded.
"It fits you more than it does me," she smiled. "Do you like it when I call you that?"

"I like whatever you call me," I whispered.

She smiled and sat upright so that she was straddling my lap. Her head rested against my chest as she snuggled into my embrace.

After I made her promise me, I gave her my promise in return. I made sure she came at least three times since I had felt so guilty. It's safe to say she was quite exhausted after that.

"We really shouldn't be in libraries alone together," she yawned. "But this one is very beautiful."

I chuckled and looked up at the high ceiling. It had an older style regency touch to it, and all the furniture seemed to be antique. The shelves were a golden brass color and were abnormally high. I wasn't sure how anyone could've possibly reached most of the books.

"Can you read to me?" Luci whispered. "I just want to stay here with you and not think about anything else."

I kissed the top of her head and smiled.
"Of course darling," I replied.

Instead of just getting up, I grabbed her waist and made sure her legs were securely wrapped around me. When I stood up, she promptly latched her arms around my neck as I carried us over to where the books were.

The books were all lined up against each other but they were very dusty. I picked a blue one off of the shelf and quickly realized that these were not your regular books.