Chapter 44

Cale's heart raced. It felt like it was about to burst out of his rib cage as he sent himself flying up in the sky. Unable to properly control the Sound of the Wind, he stumbled a few and almost fell to the ground before getting a hang of it.

– Why are you having such a hard time, hmmm?

He had been flying for nearly two hours finding a place to hide for a while. Cale glared to nowhere hoping the Thief would be the one he's looking at.

– Don't be so grumpy. As Abby had told you, I know a lot about Ancient Powers. But, it's quite strange...

"What is?" Cale replied, his red hair fluttering behind him.

– Abby and Sura...

– You do not have to go into that, just explain to him his Ancient Powers.

Abby's firm voice interrupted the Thief's explanation. Cale, who was focusing on balancing the wind gathered on his feet, ignored it.

– Hoh... How scary. Anyway, Out of the 11 Ancient Powers you so far possessed, I only know eight of them.

Cale's eyebrows arched.

The Thief then started to discuss what his Ancient Powers could do. But they were only minor details such as what, what's their most basic use.

He wanted to thank the Thief but choose not to.

"I thought you were knowled-"

The familiar flashing and head ache came into Cale. His hands immediately reached his temples as he try to focus on what he's seeing.

A familiar brown haired little girl held hands with a blonde man wearing fancy blue shirt. Her mouth were trembling as she tried to talk and Cale felt his heart somehow shatter as she shed a tear. And for a brief moment, Cale locked gazes with the blonde man.

Cale was sent back to reality by a blunt force pulling him out of the scenario. His breathing becomes unstable, his trembling hands rammed through his chest hoping it would help. The Ancient Powers were also calling out his name but he couldn't focus as he felt his body being pulled by the gravity.

His consciousness was slowly slipping away as he felt the hard ground made contact with his body.

**

"Cale, wake up. You can't give up now, after everything..."

I heard the same voice again. It's annoying. Why is everything in my life so complicated and hard to deal with? What am I doing wrong?

A burning sensation arise on my throat as I tried to open my mouth. No voice came out. My eyelids did not cooperate with me as I tried to lift them up. No chance.

Abby...

I tried to call her out. No answer. Perhaps I really am alone in this after all.

Alone in what?

"Open your eyes, Cale, she's waiting for you."

Ah, it would be nice if I don't.

Can't I just rest here?

I don't see any point in opening them...

"Cale..."

**

The red hair's eyes slowly fluttered open, followed by a soft groan as he tried to adjust his eyes on the blinding light. There was a ticking somewhere. His eyes landed on the grandfather clock on his side.

'3:26'

The walls were painted brown and beside the grandfather's clock are three swords hanged up in the ceiling.