5 - Cursed Techniques

Maths was boring as hell until you got a text message.

Unknown number
Meet me at lunch.

Y/n
Who tf r u? I'm not meeting up with some stalker, who gave you my number?

Unknown number
You gave me your number, it's Megumi you dumbass

Y/n
Ohhh right sorry haha, where should we meet?

Unknown number
9.2 spare classroom, it's the only place where we'll be alone

Y/n
Ok, that sounds really dirty btw

Unknown number
Fuck off you know I didn't mean it like that

"L/n-san, put the phone away!"

You put it into your bag, apologised to the maths professor and continued working.

When the bell rang, you threw your bag over your shoulder and ran out of the classroom. You bumped into someone along the way. "I'm sorry–"

"Watch where you're going," the older boy growled as he turned around.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to–"

"No, it's ok..." He said nervously, looking over your shoulder. He walked off as fast as possible. You turned around to see Megumi there.

"Oh, hey Fushiguro-kun."

"Don't call me that, call me by my first name. It's only fair since I'm allowed to call you Y/n. And what did that kid say to you?"

"I bumped into him, he just told me to watch where I was going."

"Oh. Should we go, then?"

"Sure."

The two of you walked off, getting weird stares from other students. You didn't blame them; you of all people were walking next to the school badass. You and Megumi had not much in common aside from training to be Jujutsu sorcerers, but no one at school aside yourselves really knew that.

When you reached the classroom, he grabbed the key under the doormat and unlocked the door. You watched him lock the door again when you were both inside. It made you nervous, but you knew it was just to make sure no one overheard.

"So can I see your cursed technique?" He asked.

"Not if you don't want me to destroy the school."

He raised his eyebrows. "Really? Well hurry up and get rid of the school for me, I never liked it anyway."

You laughed. "Once I go to Jujutsu High, I can show you my technique."

"Ok... but maybe don't destroy that school, I don't mind going there," He said with a smile.

He smiled again, You noted. "Um... but I also have a second technique."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I inherited one from each parent."

"So what is it?"

You used your technique to hover half a metre/two feet above the ground.

"It's a zero-gravity thingy. I can jump really high if I activate it before I jump, and I can also fly a bit and hover. I can't fly much higher than the ceiling of this classroom, though."

"Cool."

"So the dogs you formed? Were they Shikigami?"

"Yeah, it's the Ten Shadows Technique."

"So you're part of the Zen'in clan?"

Megumi took a chair and sat on it. You took one too and sat beside him.

"Not exactly. My dad was from the Zen'in clan, but he left and took my mother's name, and they had me. I was going to be sold back to the clan. Then I met that blindfolded dumbass I told you about, who stopped the sale and promised that I would work as a Jujutsu sorcerer in order to get financial aid from Jujutsu High to support me."

"Wow... the Zen'in clan sounds horrible."

"Yeah. So why do you want to go to Jujutsu High?"

"I was kinda forced by my parents because they didn't want my techniques to go to waste. Even if I got a choice, I would've become a sorcerer, anyway. And Tsumiki gives me another reason to be one."

He smiled again. "Just be careful not to curse her even more with that, though."

"I know, I know... 'sorcerers never die with regret'."

There was a short moment of silence. Then you said to him, "I'm glad we're both going to be Jujutsu sorcerers. It means that I can still see a part of her in you when I leave this school."

"What do you mean?"

"You remind me of her."

"We're polar opposites."

"Not really. You're a nicer guy than you give yourself credit for."

"You remind me of her a lot, too."

"Really?"

"Well yeah, you're both really good people. But I can't stand how you both forgive bad people so easily."

"I don't forgive bad people," You told him.

He looked away. "Then why do you forgive me?"

"You're not a bad person. What am I supposed to forgive you for?"

"Tsumiki never liked it when I beat kids up."

"And?"

"Y/n..." He looked back at you and gazed at you as he spoke. You stared back into cobalt blue eyes, your heart rate speeding up. "Why would you think I'm a good person? I get into fights all the time."

You asked yourself this, too. Was it because you cared about his sister, therefore you cared about him?

"Because you're good to the people you care about."

"Bullshit. Haven't you seen how I treated Tsumiki?"

You didn't know what to say. He looked away and didn't say anything, either. The bell rang.

"We should go to class," He said, standing up.

You walked up to the door. "Keys?" You asked. He threw them to you. You caught them, unlocked the door and put them under the mat.

"Hey!"

You looked up to see your maths professor. Shit.

"L/n-san! You know you shouldn't be in there–"

To make things worse, Megumi walked out of the classroom with you. The teacher looked disgusted.

"I understand you both have sexual desires, but school isn't the place to fulfil those desires!"

Megumi's face went red. "Sir, I swear we weren't doing that!"

"Don't care. You both still went into an area you know well you're not supposed to go in! Detention for the both of you. And you will be supervised, so don't think you can do it again."

"I just told you, we weren't–!"

"Do you want me to ring your parents!?"

"Ring them for all I care–"

You tugged his sleeve and shook your head.

"I mean– don't do that... please," He corrected himself.

"Good. Now go to class and explain to your teacher why you were late. Actually, don't tell them why, no one needs to know what you did..."

"We didn't–"

You dragged him away before he could argue more.

–––––

Hi, thanks for reading! If you liked it, please leave a vote, they are much appreciated.