The start of something

Angie was furious at herself. From the moment she opened her eyes that day she was messing everything up.  For a start, she woke up falling from her bed only to soon remember everything from the prior night and get frustrated with herself

Then she burned her hand serving her coffee and had to get it bandaged because it was too early and Julieta wasn't in the plaza yet - Though even if it was a time when Julieta was free to help she would probably get it bandaged it anyway just to avoid bothering her friend with something small.

She was just too distracted to do anything efficiently, her mind was elsewhere and working on the book store only made it even more clear. She was putting things in the wrong places, getting distracted in the middle of things and just dropping whatever she was doing to do something else.

"Okay what is happening?" Agustín asked dropping the stack of books he was carrying onto the counter.

"What?" Angie asked running her hand through her hair.

"You have just put a horror book into the history section. Something is wrong." Agustín pointed to the bookshelf in front of her.

She snorted "No I did-" She stopped herself as she looked at the spot he pointed at "Mierda."

"See. Something is wrong, you seemed so happy yesterday. Did he do anything?" Agustín asked frowning at her and her eyes widened.

"No! He didn't do anything wrong." Angie sighed "The only thing wrong is that I am a dumbass." 

"Perdón?" Agustín asked in shock, never before he had heard his cousin using such a word to describe herself.

"Its simple, I messed up. I made myself look stupid, and I really hate it." Angie said frustratedly putting the book in the right shelf.

"Okay sit down and explain it, because I've never heard of Angie Martinez messing anything up." Agustín commanded taking the other books from her hands and motioning to the counter.

The young woman followed the advice and took a seat over the counter with a sigh.

"So, ayer por la noche, everything was perfect, we danced, we had fun, we talked it was just so amazing, so to make things interesting to the universe one of us would have to make a foul of themselves, and it was me."

Angie took a pause to breathe and Agustín motioned her to keep going as he took a seat by her side.

"So, to end the night he walks me home and decides to take the leap to give me a good night kiss, which is a huge move coming from Bruno."

"And you didn't like it or something?"

"No! It was perfect, but I wasn't really expecting for it." Angie started t gesticulate dramatically "And you know how I rather be prepared to every scenario." The man nodded "But I wasn't ready for it, so when it happened I was in shock. So, instead of a calculated response that would have perfectly ended the date, I said thank you and walked in closing the door on his face, no goodbye or anything."

Agustín took a second to absorb all her words "Wait, you hit him with the door?"

"No!" Angie shoved him lightly "I'm not that clumsy." 

"Then it was not that bad." Agustín patted her shoulder lightly.

"Of course it was." Angie tried to run her hand through her hair only to get her fingers tangled in a knot, and as she tried to get it out it only got worst.

"Here let me help" Agustín said stopping her before she could rip the hair out of her head "Why it seems so bad to you?"

"Because I know how hard it is for him to make a move like that, I'm sure that it was important for him. Hell, from all I know it might even have been his first kiss ever. I just... I wanted to have given him a better response, something more assuring for him, make sure that he knew how much I appreciated the gesture." She sighed for the hundredth time that day "But my brilliant response was to slam the door in his face."