44

Chapter 44 | Confession

Namjoon, filled with rage, let out a terrifying growl. Following suit, Yoongi and Taehyung both let out a rage-induced roar. Only one thought was filling their mind: they were going to get you back no matter what.

"Where's Y/N?" Eunwoo's worried and anxious voice was the only thing that seemed to snap the three hybrids out of their rage.

The three looked at the younger detective in confusion. It was only then that they realized that the entire Hybrid Unit was on the scene. Because of their rage and focus on finding you, they failed to hear the nearing sound of sirens.

"We got here as quickly as we could," Eunwoo explained, seeing their confusion.

"Sungjae is inside, he's been beaten," Namjoon immediately filled in his co-worker as soon as he was back in his normal appearance. Eunwoo's eyes widened at the news. "He's still alive, but it's bad."

"What- what about Y/N-ie?" Eunwoo asked gulping hard.

"She was already gone by the time we got here," Namjoon growled.

Silence filled the Hybrids.

"We'll find her," Eunwoo said with a nod. "I need to tell Chief Bang about this and I should check up on Sungjae."

Eunwoo quickly rushed into the main building of the warehouse. His eyes grew wide as he saw the state his friend was in. Eunwoo pushed his way to Sungjae's side and brushed his blood-clotted hair away from Sungjae's face.

"What the hell did they do to you?" Eunwoo couldn't help but ask knowing full well Sungjae wasn't going to be able to answer his question.

But there was one person who heard Eunwoo's question. Jaebum was standing near Sungjae and heard the hurt and pain behind Eunwoo's question. Jaebum knew how Sungjae and Eunwoo were important to you. Seeing Sungjae like this and knowing full well who was behind it made Jaebum sick to his stomach.

A flash of determination crossed his eye. He turned around, his steps having a power that they didn't have before.

As soon as Sungjae was placed in the ambulance and quickly transported to the hospital with Eunwoo following after him, only a few detectives were left behind to clean up and finish scanning the scene of the crime. Jaebum, Namjoon, and Sihyuk were the three detectives who stayed behind. Along with Yoongi and Taehyung who refused to leave the last location that you were in until they got answers to where you were.

"Sir," Jaebum spoke up, causing the two detectives and the two Hybrids to turn their attention over to Jaebum. "I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" Sihyuk asked giving Jaebum his full attention.

Jaebum swallowed hard before opening his mouth. "I think I know where Y/N-ie is."

"What?!" Yoongi growled narrowing his eyes at Jaebum.

"Just listen to me for a second," Jaebum quickly spoke out before any of your mates could attack him. "I really didn't think he was going to do something like this."

Angry growls were echoing off the empty warehouse walls. "Namjoon, calm down," Sihyuk ordered sternly. "Jaebum, I need to know everything. Now."

"They're the A&A Company," Jaebum began. "It's a laboratory that's being funded by ADTOY Company. They're working on a serum that's going to allow Hybrids to walk around without their ears and tails, making them look like normal Humans. I- I believed in their work. I thought that by helping them and making sure that the serum gets made that life would get better for Hybrids and that what happened to Yugyeom wouldn't happen to anyone else."

Sihyuk nodded as he remembered what happened to Yugyeom a few years back. While Yoongi, Taehyung, and Namjoon shared a look among themselves. A serum that will make them seem Human? Was that even possible?

"Go on," Sihyuk encouraged Jaebum.

Jaebum took a deep breath in. "The serum's supposed to replace animal ears of Hybrids with Human ears and make the tails disappear. They've been testing the serum on Bunny Hybrids. Apparently, the long ears on Bunny Hybrids were something that was something that they couldn't foresee. So they believe that if the serum works on Bunny Hybrids, it'll work on every other type of Hybrid. I really believed that it was a good company, so I offered my services. I just didn't think that I'd be needing to help kidnap an innocent girl. I really didn't know. I- I know that's not enough for you Namjoon and your pack but- but I really didn't know. I'm sorry."

"Where is she?" Namjoon growled.

"The only location I know is the location of A&A Company's laboratory. I don't know if she'll be there or not," Jaebum confessed.

"The address," Namjoon growled once again.

As soon as Namjoon got the address, he didn't hesitate before turning into his animal form and rushed toward the location with Yoongi and Taehyung right behind him.

Sihyuk, left behind with Jaebum turned to the younger detective. "You know that you'll have to face the consequences of this, right?"

Jaebum nodded keeping his gaze to the floor.

"Good," Sihyuk said curtly. "I'm very disappointed in you Jaebum. I understand why you decided to align yourself with them but I really wish you would have made the right choice."

Sihyuk immediately went into his car and radioed the rest of the unit to get to the location that Jaebum told them, and sped off right behind Namjoon and his pack members.

☆