part 20

"Ryujin!"

"Yea?" Ryujin asks.

"What are you thinking about? I've been telling you a story but you're not paying attention to me" Heejin pouts.

"I'm sorry. I just have a lot in my mind" Ryujin gives a small smile.

"Maybe I can help?" Heejin asks.

"It's nothing really. Thank you though."

Heejin sits on Ryujin's lap and wraps her arms around the latter's neck. She leans down to capture Ryujin's lips. Ryujin responds to the kiss right away.

When she felt Heejin's hand making her way to her chest, Ryujin pushed her away and stands up causing Heejin to fall on her butt.

"What the hell Ryu?!"

"I'm sorry I'm not ready to go that far with you" Ryujin admits.

"Why not? Don't you love me? It's been weeks since we started dating and making out is the farthest we've gone!" Heejin clearly frustrated.

"I'm sorry babe. Soon, I promise" Ryujin apologetically say.

Heejin sighs and sits next to Ryujin, "Are you still doubting were soulmates?"

"I don't know. I just expected things to be easy I guess once we find our soulmates."

"Is it Yeji?"

Ryujin chokes on air, "What? No. Why bring her up when she has nothing to do with this."

"You like her?" Heejin asks.

"No. That's crazy. You're my soulmate. Why would I like someone else?"

"Maybe you liked her before we met and you still like her."

"I was attracted to her yes but I don't know if I liked her" Ryujin sighs.

"Maybe stop hanging out with her. I don't feel comfortable with it" Heejin say.

"I can't do that. She's friends with my friends. I can't avoid them" Ryujin claims.

"You clearly have feelings for this girl. How do you expect me to be okay with you hanging out with her?"

"Because you should trust me that I won't do anything. If I was gonna choose her then I would have by now" Ryujin omitting the information that she showed up at Yeji's date.

Heejin has calm down a bit, "I can tell she likes you too. You know? I'm not blind."

"It's gonna be okay babe. I'm sorry" Ryujin apologizes.

-------

At the practice room with Chaeryeong and Yeji, Yuna enters and greets everyone with a bright smile.

"So did something interesting happened last night?" Yuna asks expecting to know the answer.

"Yeji went on a date with your cousin" Chaeryeong says.

Yeji not knowing this information gasps, "What? Beomgyu is their cousin?"

"You went on a date with Beomgyu oppa? Did you have fun?" Yuna asks.

"Yea" Yeji laughs thinking about the date, "He reminds me a lot of Ryujin. They have similar personalities."

"So are you going to give him a chance?" Yuna again the one asking questions.

"Maybe. He seems nice. It won't hurt to try" Yeji shrugs.

Yuna looks at Chaeryeong, "Unnie, can I talk to you in private please?"

Chaeryeong nods then they left to go to the restroom. As soon as the door closed, Yuna steps in front of Chaeryeong.

"Unnie, didn't my sister go to the restaurant last night?" Yuna asks the redhead.

"No? Why would she?"

"I may have accidentally told her that Yeji unnie likes her. She left to go to the restaurant to talk to her" Yuna explains.

Chaeryeong messes up her hair, "This whole thing is a mess. Maybe she changed her mind." The redhead girl pauses to think, "or she saw Beomgyu!"

Yuna realizing what it means, "Oh my god."

"Right. That has to be why she didn't show up. What are the odds of Lia unnie's friend being Beomgyu" Chaeryeong say in disbelief.

The two froze when they hear the door open. They were surprise to see Yeji glaring at them. "Ryujin went to the restaurant last night?" She turns to Yuna, " You told her I like her?"

Yuna nods not looking at her, feeling ashamed of herself.

"Why didn't she show herself just because she saw Beomgyu with me?" Yeji asks Chaeryeong.

Chaeryeong puffs her cheeks and blew out the air, "Ryujin is loyal to her family. I think you know that. She stayed in contact with her older sister even though she wasn't allowed. She went to take care of her mom even though her mom hated her. You had a great time last night right?" Yeji nods at her question, "she probably saw that and backed off."

"Does Ryujin like me?" Yeji asks the both of them.

The two girls didn't answer and just keeps looking down.

"Does Ryujin like me?" Yeji say again but this time with anger in her tone.

The girls flinches then nods.

Yeji is taken aback. Her soulmate likes her but they're not together? What kind of fuck up shit is this, she thought.

"Why is she with Heejin then?"

"She's afraid to give it a try with you because you might choose your soulmate over her" Yuna answers.

"Would she leave Heejin, the girl she thinks her soulmate is?" Yeji asks with a frown on her face.

Yuna just nods and Yeji doesn't know what to feel. She feels guilty for feeling happy because she didn't want to ruin the couples relationship.

"What are you gonna do?" Chaeryeong asks the confused girl.

"What can I do? I'll wait for her to decide. I'll tell her how I feel then she can decide and hope she chooses me" Yeji smiles.

"Change of subject because but what's the plan for Lia unnie's birthday?" Chaeryeong suddenly asks.

"We can have hang out at my place?" Yeji suggests.

"Sleepover? I want to be there when she sees that I'm her soulmate" Chaeryeong laughs.

"So confident unnie" Yuna laughs with her.

"When you know, you know" Chaeryeong says before going into one of the stalls to pee.

"Maybe you can confess to her there too?" Yuna tries to help Yeji.

"I have to ask Lia first. It's her special day. I don't want to ruin her moment either with happiness or heartbreak."

"That makes sense. You're such a good person unnie. I'm glad my sister has you for a soulmate. Honestly, Heejin unnie doesn't even make an effort to get to know me and you know I'm important to my sister. If we weren't friends, you would get to know me as your girlfriend's sister right?" Yuna asks annoyed.

"Of course I would" Yeji smiles.

"Now take my sister away from her. I think they fight a lot. Heejin unnie leaves unhappy a lot then I see my sister looking tired. At first I thought, maybe my sister is bad at sex but then I remembered that she hasn't had sex and she won't unless she's sure. I think a part of her is still not sure with Heejin unnie" Yuna shares.

Yeji smiles, "I shouldn't be happy but I am. They haven't done it yet. We still could be each other's first."

"Chaeryeong unnie, are you pooping? You're taking a while" Yuna shouts.

"No. I zoned out" Yuna hears the toilet flush and Chaeryeong walks out to wash her hands.