🏮 45. Royal Tea Party (Part Four)

Pain filled every fiber of Amber's being as her skin burned and bubbled. Her mouth was open in what would have been a scream, but no air came out. She choked on air as it all tried to come out all at once and her lungs fluttered uncontrollably.

An entire teapot full of boiling water was dumped over her head and poured over her body. She could feel the water searing her scalp. Long strands of her beautiful silver hair fell off of her head and around her feet. The smell of burnt hair and burning flesh filled the air.

Behind her, Jenna's eyes glowed in glee, but she tried to keep a concerned look on her face.

"That will teach Lady Arabella for trying to steal my man! I don't care what anyone else has to say, the First Prince can only be mine! Now Lady Arabella will be hideously deformed and bald! No one will want her!" thought Jenna.

"Oh my goodness! How clumsy of me," said Jenna, with sparkling eyes while holding out her arms in dramatic fashion.

Prince Elystar came rushing around the table to heal Amber. However, seeing the elfin man approaching Amber, First Prince Macallan roughly yanked her up by her blister covered arm, and tightly wrapped her in his arms. He had no intention of allowing Amber to be touched by Prince Elystar. Blood oozed from Amber's arms and back due to Prince Macallan roughly squeezing her in his embrace.

"Hand Lady Amber over at this moment! You're injuring her further! I need to heal her immediately!" Said Prince Elystar.

"I will not! She's mine! I won't allow you to touch her. She'll just have to wait to be healed until after a doctor can be fetched," said Prince Macallan.

"That could take too long and she could receive permanent damage by then. I have healing magic. There's no reason to wait when I can heal her right now!" Prince Elystar said with panicked eyes.

Prince Elystar reached out a hand towards Amber, sure that Prince Macallan must have seen reason. However, Prince Macallan squeezed Amber even more forcefully, until her ribs loudly fractured. In his rage and jealousy, he used strength magic on Amber, breaking her back.

"Aaaahhhh!!!" Amber screamed out as pain overwhelmed her and her head rolled back.

"That's enough! Stop acting like a child and hand her over this instant! You will comply or I will make you!" Yelled out Prince Elystar.

His once calm golden eyes turned a deep red with slit pupils and his fangs extended. He released his magic pressure, making sure that it didn't extend to Amber, and cast a protective bubble around her. It was forbidden for foreigners to throw magic around, but Amber's safety couldn't wait. As soon as the protective bubble bounced into place, the pressure on Amber's body released. The bubble gently cocooned her, holding her up, but didn't cause her any extra pain. He flicked his hand up and the magic bubble holding Amber, lifted her up into the air, and out of Prince Macallan's grasp.

Prince Macallan let out a rage filled cry while trying to grab hold of the magic bubble as Amber was lifted away. Prince Macallan started to angrily stomp towards Prince Elystar with his hand glowing Ice blue. It was obvious that he intended to retaliate against Prince Elystar by using ice magic. Prince Elystar flipped his other white glowing hand downward and released more magical pressure onto Prince Macallan.

Prince Macallan's eyes widened in shock as his knees gave out and he was forced to kneel on the ground. His back bent forward and he fell onto his forearms. His body broke out into a sweat as he gritted his teeth in the effort to prevent his forehead from smashing into the cobblestone.

"You will pay for this." Prince Macallan gritted out.

"I swear I will make you pay for this!" he yelled while beads of sweat rolled off him.