Chapter 5

Skyler

"Skyler, is everything okay?" dad said, running towards me and gave Jacob a confused look.

"you look like someone I know, you're just younger" he added as he stared at Jacob from bottom to top.

"It's because he's his.... son, dad" I stared at Jacob, worried of what my father would do.

"Your father's a murderer!" yelled dad who's eyes are now pitch black.

I knew dad and I were always against the Bennets for killing my grandparents and I would never forgive them for what they have done, but I felt so wrong. It was only a mistake made by Jacob's father and he didn't deserve to pay for his father's mistake.

"Like father, like son. Are you here to kill the rest of my family too?!" He pinned Jacob to a nearby tree and choked him using his left arm. Jacob's eyes flickered from black to blue as he controls himself from attacking my father.

"Dad stop! he's my-

"FRIEND!" Jacob cut me off and I gave him a confused glare.

"I'm just Skyler's friend" he stated, unable to speak clearly.

"Skyler! Don't talk to this son of a-

"Steven! Stop it right now!"

I felt relieved when mom came to stop my dad from killing my mate. She calmed dad and left the both of us some privacy. Thank God she knows what to do.

"can we talk? without anyone eavesdropping" Jacob requested.

"Everyone, get back to your positions, we have guests." I ordered. All of them started minding their own business.

I gestured towards the tall building which is the pack house, for Jacob and his warriors to stay in temporarily.

"Feel free to explore the place or eat, sleep, and repeat if you like"

All of them smiled and nodded at me as I left them on the pack house's activity area.

I went to my office while Jacob followed, I got inside the room and Jacob closed the door as soon as he entered.

"What's there to talk about? And what's with the 'friend' thing?" Doesn't he want everyone to know we're mates? Will he rejec- no no just think positive.

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier, but I don't want anyone to know you're my mate, not yet"

"why? Is it because we're both Alpha's of rival packs?" I asked, confused.

"No that's not it, Ryder will attack you and your pack if he knows you're my mate. This should be a secret for now."

"Why does he want to attack us?"

"Let's just say, we both have bad bloods with each other" He answered.

Alpha Ryder, one of the most vicious Alphas, known for his habit of killing mates. All I know that he kills mates because his was killed by someone. Could this someone be Jacob? could he really kill a mate? "like father like son" dad's words horrified me. I need to know Jacob, I need to make sure he's different from his father.

"It would be best if I would know you more before I accept you as my mate. I want what's best for my pack and I want you to prove me and my dad wrong, that you are different from your father" I stated, and a frown began to form on Jacob's face.

"Does this mean you have a plan on rejecting me?" Jacob asked, his eyes filled with hurt.

I didn't answer his question and he asked another one.