Chapter 7

The lift seemed different, even with the same colour scheme as all the rest. It just...stood out.

"Where do you think it goes?" Monty asked, pressing the button beside it, and waited for it to open with you.

"Up" you replied simply, stepping back as the doors opened.

The elevator seemed a carbon copy of all the others throughout the Pizza Plex, not a single thing out of the ordinary, apart from its location. And the fact that nobody had noticed it prior.

"Only one way to find out" Monty said, walking in eagerly. You followed behind with a brazen walk.

The lift had one button, an arrow pointing up, shining silver as if it had never been touched. The lift smelt clean, almost too clean as the metal bars around the lift shone and shimmered in the light of the lift.

Monty pressed the button, and the doors closed on the both of you. A sudden jolt signalled your ascension.

The both of you looked toward the closed metal doors. A tension arose between you as you both seemed to refuse to look at eachother.

Thinking back to 5 or so minutes ago, you felt butterflies in your stomach once again as your mind wondered to the gators face moving closer to your own. You felt a sense of want in that moment, you wanted Monty to kiss you, you wanted him to touch you...

Monty stared up at the speaker above him, as it began to play that terrible theme song. With a roll of his eyes, the alligator grabbed the speaker from the wall, and pulled it from its wires, crushing it with his hand, and throwing it on the floor.

"You okay?" You said in concern.

Monty turned to you, and chuckled.

"Yeah, I just fucking hate that song, it's like a buzz in your ear." Monty laughed, staring at his accomplishment.

"I'll thank you again some time" You joked, with a little flirting tone in your voice. The gator picked up on it, smirking, then turning away.

"You think we'll find the answers here?" You changed the mood of the lift.

"I hope so..." Monty replied, looking toward the doors as the lift stopped its ascension.

"Doors op-op-op" The lift operator began to repeat. And the doors would not budge.

"Oh no!" You said, moving toward the doors quickly, in an attempt to open them. You failed miserably.

"Hey! Don't hurt yourself. I can pry those doors open with the flick of my wrist." The gator stated eagerly.

"I think we should stay here for a second though..."Monty said, rather out of the blue.

"I mean, according to the fazwatch..." Monty said, walking toward you as you placed yourself at the back of the lift. Monty took your wrist and checked the time.

"We have exactly another 23 minutes before 4:30." The gator exclaimed.

You sighed in a slight relief, although you felt a bit claustrophobic within the lift. You swallowed that fear down quickly.