Kathyln III

[Author's Notes: I need to edit some school chapters cause I decided to have Kathyln date Jude already instead of just being friends. I'll do the editing later, for now, enjoy this chapter.]

|Kathyln|

Jude was such an idiot. I took a chance and offered him my hand for the dance, but he took it too far. We ended up being the talk of the Grand Ball, and now everyone thinks we're dating. But why aren't we dating? Maybe Brother and Master were right when they teased us about our feelings for each other.

As I walked around the Ball, many of my friends asked me about Jude and me. I couldn't deny the attraction I felt towards him, but I also couldn't confess my love just yet. Then, Brother's question caught me off-guard. Before I could answer, Jude simply shrugged and said no.

I felt my face turn red with anger. How could he say no after everything we've been through? After all the effort I've put into showing him my feelings, does he think it's just a game? I stood up, kicked open the carriage door, and stormed out, leaving Jude behind.

He called out to me with concern, "What are you doing, Kathyln?" but I ignored him. I turned around and gave him the coldest stare I could muster. "It's Princess Kathyln to you," I said before storming away, leaving Jude standing there alone.

As I changed out of my dress, my mind was clouded with anger and disappointment. How could Jude be so oblivious to my feelings after all the effort I had put in? I had spent so much time with him, endured countless moments of embarrassment, and even tried to look my best for him. But it seemed like he thought it was all a game.

The maids outside my door must have sensed my distress, as I heard a soft knock. It was my mother. I let her in, and as she sat beside me, she asked me what had happened. With tears in my eyes, I told her about my unrequited love for Jude.

My mother sighed sympathetically. "It seems that Jude doesn't understand what love is," she said, stroking my hair. "He may be in love with you, but he doesn't realize it or is actively denying it."

I felt a glimmer of hope, but it was quickly overshadowed by my doubts. "But what can I do if he doesn't want to be with me?" I asked, feeling helpless.

"Kathyln, the only way to find out if he feels the same way is to tell him how you feel," my mother said firmly. "Confess to him properly, and then you'll know for sure."

After a fitful night's sleep, I decided to take my mother's advice. I sought out Jude, finding him in the training room with Master Galahad. As their spar ended, I cleared my throat and said, "Excuse me, Master Galahad, but may I borrow Jude for a moment?" He nodded understandingly, and I motioned for Jude to follow me.

After cutting Jude off mid-apology, I led him to the balcony overlooking the breathtaking Crystal Lake. Its crystal-clear waters sparkled under the moonlight, casting a magical aura over the surroundings.

Without hesitation, I confronted him with my true feelings, "Jude, I love you. I fell for you the moment I saw you at the Auction House. Your captivating looks, strength, and demeanor won me over instantly."

Jude's expression was a mix of surprise and contemplation. After a moment of silence, he finally spoke, "Kathy, I've been thinking about what happened last night, and I realized that I've fallen in love with you too," a glimmer of hope sparked in my heart. However, he continued, "But I don't think I'm ready to start a relationship yet."

I felt a mixture of confusion and disappointment. "What do you mean?" I asked, hoping for a clearer answer.

"I'm not saying that I don't want to date you, Kathy, but I feel like I need more time to mature and figure things out," Jude explained. Suddenly, he got down on one knee, and my heart skipped a beat. "So, Princess Kathyln, would you be willing to wait for me for 30 months?"

I was taken aback by his proposal. On the one hand, I wanted to play it cool and reject him, but on the other hand, I couldn't deny the feelings that stirred within me. "Yes," I whispered shyly, feeling my cheeks flush crimson.

Jude's face lit up with pure joy, and he gazed at me with a loving smile, causing my heart to skip another beat. I couldn't believe it - I was officially waiting for him, and despite my initial reservations, I couldn't be happier.