Chapter 31

It takes a few months, because you want it to, you're nervous to talk to John, he had avoided you completly and Patrick made it harder for you. You were too nervous to tell him no, but you knew that you had to do something.

'Have you seen John?'

You spoke to Reddick who's eyes flick up to yours before nodding towards the bar... Well shit, this is gonna be interesting...
Drink was always terrible, things will be said and you'd have to keep your shit together.
Your heart was slamming against your chest when you go into the bar and see John sitting at the bar.... But he's sitting with someone else... A woman.

Oh crap, it's gonna be one of those moments.

You want to find Patrick and slap him across the face, what? He thought he could be with me when he's only just met me!?
You rake your fingers through your hair and turn to leave when you suddenly bump into someone.

'(Y/N)!'

You almost had a damn heart attack when Taylor spoke up, 'I've missed you!' She was alright, her arm was in a sling.

'Oh wow... Are you okay?'

She waved you off, 'it's just a scratch', you roll your eyes, at least you're not alone anymore.'

'What about Sam?'

'Oh he'll be here soon'.

She grabbed you and pulled you over to the juke box, 'you have anything in particular that you like?'
You flick through some old music, 'Jesus I'm too old for these songs, I don't even know any of these songs!'

Taylor burst out laughing, 'seriously!? Here, I'll pick out something', she doesn't even hesitate to select a song... You hate it, Jesus Christ.
She puts it up at full volume and you wrestle with the volume button, your ears were hurting real bad.

'Taylor! Jesus Christ!'

You managed to stop the music, your head is pounding and you can't hear properly.

'You need to start living (Y/N)!'

Yeah... Sure.

Your eyes flick over to John and you see that John has turned to you, and you swear you see a look of amusement in his eyes and your heart skips a beat. It instantly drops when Patrick enters the bar and you realised that you may have made it obvious that you didn't want to interact with him, so John got up and joined your side, completely ignoring the woman was supposedly talking to.

'You a little deaf there?'

'Huh?'

You actually were a little deaf after Taylor had blasted the shit out of the speakers, John couldn't help but smirk, 'I said-'.

'(Y/N)! There you are!'

John turns to Patrick who acknowledge him quickly before turning his attention on to you, ah great, 'thought you'd be in here'.
You notice John tense up, and you see that he's ready to head off but you quickly grab his hand, effectively stopping him. 
He looks down at your hand that held his, 'yeah, Taylor and John were helping me out with the jukebox, but John was just gonna go have a drink with me', you then looked at John, who was trying to process what was going on.

'Isn't that right babe'.

You made sure to emphasize that part of the sentence. 
You could tell that Patrick was kin dof shocked but he kept it to himself, 'how about you talk to Taylor, she's been looking through a few music, maybe you'll be able to find some good music'.

Taylor began to play another song but this time she had it on a reasonable volume.
You pull John over to the bar, pulling him close to you, 'I haven't drank in a while-'.

'Was there ever anything between you two?'

John cut in and you sigh and shake your head, 'he was hoping for something but-', you're cut off when John gently pressed his lips against yours.
You kissed back, but you wouldn't push John too hard, especially when they were out in the bar.
The next thing you know, John's pulling you out of the bar and to the elevator.
Your cheeks grew hot as you held onto John's hand. You were going to make up for lost time for sure.