Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Dinner

I tried to ignore the pun he intended to startle me, and instead, I gave him my resting bitch face. The devil in shades was doing the same, pretending he didn't try to frighten me.

I need to know if he really has the other point of view of that scandal or he was just luring me to a trap.

"Come on, Nath. I was your friend before I became your boyfriend. A simple dinner between two long-lost best friends wouldn't hurt, would it?"

"We already had dinners before this, Mister Carter. Or should I say, Mr. Maniago? You even tried to drug me up, right?" I sarcastically gave him my smile.

"Hindi naman umepekto sa 'yo, hindi ba?" He finally opened the door and got out of his car. He leaned against it and crossed arms stared at me. "Do you really think I can harm you?"

I sighed. Fuck!

"I just want to catch up with you." His voice was more friendly now. "Not as Dylan Carter. I want to talk to you using my real identity. Terrence Andreus Maniago."

I felt uneasiness when he said his full name.

Dumating na ang driver na susundo sa akin. Imbes na pumasok na ako roon ay nanatili pa rin ako sa harapan ni Terrence.

I had the chance to have a glimpse of his full body. He was wearing a long white sweater fitted on his body and black pants.

"I need to go home first," I said, meeting his gaze back. "You said dinner. Masyado pang maaga."

"Sure." He casually shrugged his shoulders. "I will take you home."

Pumayag na rin ako. Pinagbuksan pa niya ako ng pinto bago umikot para pumasok sa kabila. He immediately ignited the engine and maneuvered his car ouf of the parking lot.

"Buti hindi mo muna pinuntahan si Kathlysse?" pagbukas ko ng topic.

I was looking outside the window. I flinched when I felt his arms touch my stomach. He fastened me on the seatbelt. As if I would die if we ever get into an accident.

"Why? Hindi naman kami magkaibigan," kaswal na sagot niya.

"How about your jerk friend?"

He chuckled. "I couldn't contact him. Malamang na magpapahinga muna siya. His face and dick were all over the internet."

"What a coward. Couldn't even man up to explain himself." I shook my head in disappointment. "But then, he's a human after all. Isn't he?"

"Yeah. He is."

I see. If Kathlysse overdosed herself with pills, Wilson ran away like a scaredy-cat. I really hate how humans cope with their problems. If they can't face it, they will just ignore it or worse run away. As if that will do anything.

"I'm surprised your slave isn't with you," biglang sabi ni Terrence.

"He is..." I paused to catch a perfect phrase to explain it. He would surely mock me if I told him Kristan left me. Instead, I said, "I gave him another task."

Mabuti na lang ay nasa tapat na kami ng building. I didn't hesitate to open the door and got out. I didn't look back, but I heard him say something.

"Dinner, aight? Susunduin na lang kita!"

I was gritting my teeth while inside the elevator. I need to know if he really has the footage of me taking that video. He can't use that against me!

Pagpasok ko ng bahay ay agad akong naghubad ng damit. Kinuha ko ang cell phone para tawagan si Hestia. Ilang ring bago niya nasagot ang tawag ko.

"Hello?"