Chapter 11: Discovering The Cave

Fortunately, Yuan Hong can hunt, so there is no need to worry about the food issue for the time being. It’s just that there is no staple food. If you eat too much, you will feel tired. Fortunately, you can find some foods other than meat that you can eat on the mountain.

    After Zhang Jin's efforts, Yuan Hong has almost recovered. Not only is he no longer manic, but his mood has also stabilized a lot. And winter is approaching.

    The days are getting colder and colder. Zhang Jin, who used to have air conditioning in summer and heating in winter, has difficulty adapting to the cold climate here.

    "It's so cold..." Zhang Jin couldn't help shrinking his neck when the cold wind blew.

    "Come on, Xiao Huihui, eat it." Zhang Jin handed a handful of hay to its mouth.

    When I brought Xiao Huihui back, I thought it would be difficult to raise it, but I didn't expect it to have a fate with Zhang Jin. After a few days, he became very close to Zhang Jin, and he wasn't afraid of him at all, but he angered him. Hong was particularly unhappy.

    After feeding Xiao Huihui, Zhang Jin hugged it and observed Yuan Hong who was making arrows beside him. In winter, the prey on the mountain will not only be difficult to hit, but also the mountain will be covered by heavy snow. Therefore, Yuan Hong has been preparing to stock up more prey in the past few days.

    "Come here." Yuan Hong said to Zhang Jin.

    Zhang Jin didn't know why, but he passed by obediently.

    Unexpectedly, Yuan Hong pulled him into his arms and sat down, wrapping him with his clothes. Zhang Jin pressed against Yuan Hong's chest, feeling his fiery body temperature and strong heartbeat, and the roots of his ears reddened quietly. He did not disturb Yuan Hong's work, but carefully observed Yuan Hong's powerful fingers, watching them fly nimbly, and arrows formed under these fingers.

    At night, Yuan Hong still hugged Zhang Jin tightly to sleep. Now, without being forced by Yuan Hong, Zhang Jin will obediently roll into Yuan Hong's arms because it is too cold. Especially tonight, Zhang Jin didn't know why, even if Yuan Hong wrapped him in his chest and clamped his feet with his own legs, his teeth were still chattering with cold.

    "I'll wrap you in a quilt and hug you again." Yuan Hong said distressed when he saw Zhang Jin shivering with cold.

    "Don't!" Zhang Jin stopped, "It's just a quilt, covering me, what are you covering?"

    "I'm not afraid of the cold."

    "No," Zhang Jin hugged Yuan Hong's waist, "I'll just lean on it like this. You."

    Although the weather was cold, Zhang Jin felt warm in his heart.

    The wind was blowing all night, and the thatch above the house was almost shaved. Towards dawn, another gust of wind suddenly hit, and eventually the house failed to hold up and the roof became empty. Zhang Jin and Yuan Hong looked at each other for a while. For some reason, Zhang Jin suddenly wanted to laugh, and he really laughed out loud.

    After barely a night, Zhang Jin and Yuan Hong became "homeless".

    "I remember that at the top of the mountain, there was an old hunter who lived there, maybe there will be a house..." Yuan Hong's voice became lower and lower, his face flushed with embarrassment. He never paid attention to the place he lived before, and it was broken, but now he regretted not repairing the house in time, so that at this time he could not provide Zhang Jin with a warm place to live.

    "Okay. Let's go take a look now." Zhang Jin said with a smile, looking at the tall man.

    Yuan Hong looked down at him, and suddenly pressed Zhang Jin's head into his arms, a sweet and sour taste reverberated in his chest, he had a lot to say, but in the end he could only say three words, "Thank you. You!"

    Yuan Hong then took Zhang Jin and Xiao Huihui up the mountain.

    But after a few hours of trek there was no sign of the old hunter's house.

    Yuan Hong tried his best to suppress his inner anxiety, and at the same time wanted to tear himself apart, hating his incompetence, so that Zhang Jin would follow him into a homeless situation!

    "It doesn't matter, even if it's not here, we can go to other places." Zhang Jin soothed Yuan Hong's restlessness, worried that his situation would worsen.

    "I'm sorry..." Yuan Hong hugged Zhang Jin, his voice was low and full of self-blame, "It's all my fault!"

    Zhang Jin hugged him back, raised his head and said, "Don't worry, we will find it. The big deal is we will build a new house."

    Yuan Hong finally calmed down.

    The search was fruitless, and when the family of three was about to go back, Yuan Hong's sharp eyes caught somewhere.

    After approaching, Yuan Hong ripped apart the entangled vines with his hands, and found that behind the vines was actually a cave, and it was not a small one. The cave is about 100 square meters, but the light is unexpectedly good, and it is dry and comfortable.

    The moment Zhang Jin saw this cave, his first reaction was that their home was in place.

    "Let's move here, clean and arrange it, it shouldn't be worse than a house to live in." Zhang Jin said to Yuan Hong, very satisfied with this cave.

    This time, Yuan Hong finally nodded his head and seriously surveyed the situation in the cave. There are no traces of large beasts living in this cave, and the walls are dry, and the more you go inside, the warmer you feel. The inside of the cave is in the shape of half a petal, and each "petal" can be used as a room. With a little treatment, this cave will be an excellent place to spend the winter.

    Living in a cave was a very novel experience for Zhang Jin. It took them several trips to get everything they could use in the house here.

    Yuan Hong picked a kind of grass, dried it, and lit it in every corner of the hole. This is an herbal medicine that repels snake ants and other insects. After an hour, the smoke cleared and they went into the hole to clean. After being smoked by this kind of grass, not only there is no unpleasant smell in the hole, but a kind of herbal fragrance remains, and it becomes drier.

    Yuan Hong dismantled their bed and carried it over, and this time he was putting the bed back. And Zhang Jin moved everything in. It was getting dark, and he couldn't care about the arrangement. Today, he will rest first, and tomorrow he must dress up this place as their home.