Chapter 17: Rebuilding Home

When spring came, Zhang Jin and Yuan Hong moved out of the cave and returned to their original home. A whole winter passed, and the house was even more shabby after the raging snow. All the eaves collapsed, leaving only the bare walls all around.

    The two circled the house and finally stopped at the gate.

    "This is the house left by my grandfather's grandfather. I remember that my grandfather told me that when this house was first built, it was the most splendid one in Shili Baxiang, and there was a row of huts next to it for the servants to live in. There are also stables and utility rooms."

    Yuan Hong touched the remaining walls. "At that time, my grandfather's grandfather was a famous squire in the neighborhood, but things changed later, and it was lost to my grandfather's generation. This house When it was passed on to me, this was the only one left."

    Zhang Jin listened to Yuan Hong's narration, and a generation of wealthy and noble families appeared in his mind, and they gradually went into decline. He couldn't help but sigh that things are impermanent. .

    Zhang Jin approached Yuan Hong, looked up at him, and said firmly, "We can fix it and make it more beautiful than before."

    Yuan Hong reached out and hugged him tightly, "I will give it to you no matter what. The best, no matter what it is!"

    The matter of the house can't wait any longer. When he was still in the cave, Zhang Jin had already drawn the design drawing, but after carefully checking the topography of the old house, he had a new idea. .

    After one night, Zhang Jin changed the design again, and in the end, both of them were very satisfied with the design.

    In view of the fact that the house is really uninhabitable, and the temperature in spring has not risen enough, Zhang Jin and Yuan Hong decided to live in the cave for a while, and then move out after the house is built.

    The next day, the two drove the bullock cart to the town. I came to the brick workshop and ordered a batch of blue bricks from the steward, and made an appointment to send someone to the designated place at the designated time. After getting the basic materials, Zhang Jin asked the steward if he knew a reliable bricklayer.

    "If you ask me, ask the right person!" The steward said enthusiastically: "Get out of my brick shop, turn right, and walk for about a mile, and you will see a house with a locust tree in front of the door. here famous bricklayer lived here, who reigns big iron, is work hard and honest man, craft none, some rich people's houses are made by him. "

    Zhang Jin thanked the steward, just Yuanhong He rode an ox cart to Wang Date's house.

    After some time, finally the bullock cart stopped in front of the locust tree. After tying up the cow, Yuan Hong and Zhang Jin went up to the door and knocked gently on the door.

    "Is Mr. Wang at home?"

    After a while, a thin man in his thirties opened the door, dressed in a little shabby, followed by three little radishes, all staring at the person who came, their faces turning yellow.

    "Who are you?"

    Zhang Jin smiled at him, "It's like this, we want to build a new house, so we want to ask Master Wang for help. I wonder if he is free?"

    "Is that so! Free! Free! Come in! The man opened the door, turned and shouted inwardly, "Xianggong, you come out! Someone is looking for you!"

    Zhang Jin was shocked by the sound of Xianggong, and he has not fully adapted to this world of men and men. After a while, a middle-aged man of about 35 years old appeared in front of the two of them, with dark skin and a little thin. Light looks like a very honest person from his face.